Vlog camera?

NolanUK

So a friend suggested to me about starting a vlog .. seems like a great idea but what sort of camera would I get that can fit in my pocket, looked online and saw this Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ57 from Jessops. 

Would this be a good one to get?

Akasa Venom Viper Full Tower Case | Intel i7-3930k @ 3.20Gh | Corsair 240Gb GT SSD Raid 0 | Samsung 23" LED 1080p FULL HD (x2) MSI Big Bang-ZPower II Socket 2011 XL ATX Board | Gigabyte GTX 680 | Windows 8.1 Pro | WD Caviar Red 3Tb HDD | Akasa Venom Voodoo high Performance CPU Coolerr | TP Link Wireless N DualBand | Pioneer BDR optical Drive | Corsair Vengance 16Gb Ram

So a friend suggested to me about starting a vlog .. seems like a great idea but what sort of camera would I get that can fit in my pocket, looked online and saw this Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ57 from Jessops. 

Would this be a good one to get?

A lot of famous youtubers use the Canon PowerShot Elph 330 HS. Good video and audio for the price too.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Tips: Audio is often more important than the video quality.

People can stand poor video quality as long as the audio is good, but they won't stand poor audio quality even if the video is high quality.

A lot of famous youtubers use the Canon PowerShot Elph 330 HS. Good video and audio for the price too.

its not available on the UK amazon site. but looks really good.

Akasa Venom Viper Full Tower Case | Intel i7-3930k @ 3.20Gh | Corsair 240Gb GT SSD Raid 0 | Samsung 23" LED 1080p FULL HD (x2) MSI Big Bang-ZPower II Socket 2011 XL ATX Board | Gigabyte GTX 680 | Windows 8.1 Pro | WD Caviar Red 3Tb HDD | Akasa Venom Voodoo high Performance CPU Coolerr | TP Link Wireless N DualBand | Pioneer BDR optical Drive | Corsair Vengance 16Gb Ram

Tips: Audio is often more important than the video quality.

People can stand poor video quality as long as the audio is good, but they won't stand poor audio quality even if the video is high quality.

yea I have been doing research on what cameras to look at and watching vlog channels to see how they have their camera's etc. alot of them vlog from one room and have a DSLR and a external microphone attached. I will be more out and about I think rather than staying in one room so audio will need to be really good 

What kind of filming will you be doing? There's many ways to vlog :P 

I think the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ57 is probably a sweet camera if you're looking for something compact and intend to film yourself a lot. If you want to focus on audio and are willing to carry around something bigger, in the same price range you could check out the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ72. You'll get a better lens and the option to connect a microphone.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD