Display Port adapter.

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

No. It won't add latency. Your graphics card will send the DVI or HDMI (which ever you end using on the monitor) through DisplayPort so that the adapter works. The adapter has no circuitry. It can adjust power, and rewire the connector that is all is can do. Now, if you use DisplayPort (or HDMI) to VGA, then yes you'll have increase latency as you have a converter chip inside. Same if you use an active adapter: DisplayPort to DUAL-LINK DVI for example (to single link DVI an active adapter is not needed)

Hello, i was wondering if an adapter would hurt my general performance if i used a Displayport adapter to displayport. (versus straight to GPU)

Or do i need to buy a new cable. thanks. :)

it might add a tiny amount of latency

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

it might add a tiny amount of latency

Thanks for reply mate. :)

so is it worth buying a new cable or just go for the adapter?

No. It won't add latency. Your graphics card will send the DVI or HDMI (which ever you end using on the monitor) through DisplayPort so that the adapter works. The adapter has no circuitry. It can adjust power, and rewire the connector that is all is can do. Now, if you use DisplayPort (or HDMI) to VGA, then yes you'll have increase latency as you have a converter chip inside. Same if you use an active adapter: DisplayPort to DUAL-LINK DVI for example (to single link DVI an active adapter is not needed)

Thank you, i love you :wub: