Newbie question

thatguyyouknow75

Hey everyone, I have several large speakers, subs, and amps to power them. I would like to set them up in a room and connect them to my pc. The issue I have is that some of them are car speakers and I don't know what I need to convert the signal. I have already sorted out the issue of converting 110v from the wall but do I need an audio interface of some sort? Links or general advise would be welcomed, thank you

Hey everyone, I have several large speakers, subs, and amps to power them. I would like to set them up in a room and connect them to my pc. The issue I have is that some of them are car speakers and I don't know what I need to convert the signal. I have already sorted out the issue of converting 110v from the wall but do I need an audio interface of some sort? Links or general advise would be welcomed, thank you

You potentially could wire the inputs to a jack and plug them in that way Through an amp.. Car audio isn't my specialty though.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

No conversion needed. if it's a car amp it probably has "aux in" ports, either as a 3.5 headphone jack, or the old school red and white plugs. If it's headphone, just run a cable between your computer and the amp. If it's the older plugs you should be able to find an adaptor cable from any tech store.

As the the speakers themselves, well that's even simpler. they're exactly the same as a normal house speaker. they just use different mounts. The cables connect to the amp in identical fashion.

they may be for a car bur speakers are speakers. just hook them to the amp and they'll work fine. i'm actually doing the same thing right now until i can afford something better. but in all honestly, care audio equipment tends to be built allot better than home audio.