Windows 8.1 Freezing After Waking From Sleep

JimmyzHoopz

Alright, so basically, my computer works flawlessly, all day, up until I have to put it into sleep and wake it back up. What happens is, the computer will power on, fans will spin, led's will illuminate. The desktop appears and then it freezes. Mouse, keyboard, monitor. Everything. Only way to get it to do anything is to hard restart. It started doing this after I installed new ram. But weird thing is, it's installed properly, it's even registered in the system as 16gb, and it can be used by the computer. All while the only qcodes being displayed are 30 and A0, but 30 is just signaling it's waking from sleep, and afaik A0 is like an all is fine signal, unless I am mistaken. Nothing about a memory faliure or error. But that is the only hardware change that has happened since this started happening. Only other thing I would think it could be is hard drive initialization, but I dunno, cause my OS is on my SSD. Specs are in my sig if you need to know, but this is just really weird. Thanks!!

CPU: i7 4790k Motherboard: Asus z97 Maximus VII Formula Ram: 16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC Case: Corsair Air 540

Storage: 1TB HDD & 120GBSSD PSU: Corsair AX860 Display: BenQ XL2420z CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB

Hi,

Running the Power troubleshooter, and checking the option for Allow this device to wake the computer may help in resolving the issue.

Method 1: 

Run the Power troubleshooter and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows logo + W to open the search box.
b: Type troubleshooting, hit enter.

c: Now click System and Security.

d: Click Power.

Method 2:

Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it works.

a: Press Windows key + X

b: Then click Device Manager
c: Click on keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.
d:
 Select Power management.
e: Check Allow this device to wake the computer.

Follow the same procedure for mouse, restart the computer and check it.

I hate to say it, but my keyboard and mouse were both checked off, and the power troubleshoot didn't help. :/

CPU: i7 4790k Motherboard: Asus z97 Maximus VII Formula Ram: 16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC Case: Corsair Air 540

Storage: 1TB HDD & 120GBSSD PSU: Corsair AX860 Display: BenQ XL2420z CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB

Sleep problem is usually related to driver or hardware problem.

You can run a diagnostic by opoening the command prompt as admin:

then execute: Cd C:

Then execute: powercfg -energy

and a report will e generated in C:\ drive.

You can see any problem.

First thing first to do, is to unplug all USB devices/peripherals you have beside keyboard and mouse, and see if the problem persists.

If your problem is not solved, then you know that the problem is with your hardware driver or hardware itself If your problem is solved, plug one by one each USB device until you find the one that causes the problem. Once you do find it, try plugging it on USB 2.0 if its is not already, and look for a firmware update for it from the manufacture website if any. If not, uninstall the drivers, and re-install the latest version.