S340 Modding Ideas

Not_Sean

So finally finished my build, and must say the S340 makes it almost effortless to make a clean build. 

I've already ordered the BitFenix individually sleeved cables for the graphics card, as thats really the only cable you can see.

What I wanna know/ see with pics if you got em. just looking for ideas for mods people have done to the S340 to see whats possible.

I'm also ordering a H105/H100i for the front dual mount. 

Also going to order the NZXT Red LED lights for that extra pop. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

The NZXT LED strip is not going to fit in the S340 because the PSU cover goes right up to side panel window. 

Unless you want to see the light strip pressed against the window. (It is pretty ugly) 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

You could run the cable straight from the pcie bracket BELOW what the window would sho and inbetween the built in cover

and then UP the case, securing them just at the top and bottom, and around the rea fan and out where the motherboard 8 pin cable comes in.

You could also wrap it toward the back of the case, acros the drive bays, around the back, around the back of the motherboard tray, out the motherboard 8 pin and around the top.

See pic:

post-80065-0-41800000-1423442039.jpg

You could run the cable straight from the pcie bracket BELOW what the window would sho and inbetween the built in cover

and then UP the case, securing them just at the top and bottom, and around the rea fan and out where the motherboard 8 pin cable comes in.

You could also wrap it toward the back of the case, acros the drive bays, around the back, around the back of the motherboard tray, out the motherboard 8 pin and around the top.

See pic:

The gap between the PSU cover and the side panel is too small for the strip. And the LEDs are not directional, so it is very difficult to get them where you want them. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Thanks guys, yeah the 2M is kak long. but I've got an idea. The maiin reason why I liked the NZXT one is for the PCI back plate as I cant do a light controller in a drive bay. 

I've got an idea for how it will all fit. Will post pictures for you guys to see. 

What I mean in terms of mods is any ideas for something beyond the normal LED fans and Lights. what have people done with the S340, really can't seem to find much online. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333