overclocking

I'm really new at overclocking and I have a i5 unlocked and a msi z97 motherboard is there a program I can use to make this a lot easier

I'm really new at overclocking and I have a i5 unlocked and a msi z97 motherboard is there a program I can use to make this a lot easier

What is the company name of your motherboard i.e  Asus MSI gigabyte ?

Edit:what is the name of your CPU and what CPU cooler you are using ?

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

No, don't do software overclocking its terrible always stick to bios. Since you have a MSI motherboard there should be a overclocking manual built-into the UEFI BIOS.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

What is the company name of your motherboard i.e Asus MSI gigabyte ?

Edit:what is the name of your CPU and what CPU cooler you are using ?

I have a h110 the cpu is 4690k

I have a h110 the cpu is 4690k

Ok then you are good to go. did you checked your CPU on stock clocks ? for how many days you are using it ?

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

No, don't do software overclocking its terrible always stick to bios. Since you have a MSI motherboard there should be a overclocking manual built-into the UEFI BIOS.

I tired this ended up having to clear cmos

Ok then you are good to go. did you checked your CPU on stock clocks ? for how many days you are using it ?

What I don't understand

I tired this ended up having to clear cmos

don't use software . it sucks . we will help you overclock your cpu . its not hard as it looks .

What I don't understand

for how many days your are using this computer ? plz post your complete system .including ram cpu mobo PSU (power supply ) and GPU( graphics card )

What I don't understand

Just search up a overclocking guide on google. Choose the one from jaysrwocents.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Just search up a overclocking guide on google. Choose the one from jaysrwocents.

Jayz guide got me to 5.1 lol. 

In other words JayzTwoCents OCing guide is pretty much fucking awesome.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

is he on LTT's for help ? why not we just put a banner on top of site " search from Google"!

Edit: i'm joking not pinching .lol

is he on LTT's for help ? why not we just put a banner on top of site " search from Google"!

No, I am referring him to a specific guide. Believe it or not jayztwocents ocing videos are better then linus. I got all the info to oc in one day

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Jayz guide got me to 5.1 lol. 

In other words JayzTwoCents OCing guide is pretty much fucking awesome.

dude .... Way to win the lottery lol , my poor little chip gives up at 4.9 GHz lol

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

No, I am referring him to a specific guide. Believe it or not jayztwocents ocing videos are better then linus. I got all the info to oc in one day

lol man jayz is one of my close friends . he is the f..ker who molded me towards PC gaming from Console .lol i know him for last 11 years .lol

dude .... Way to win the lottery lol , my poor little chip gives up at 4.9 GHz lol

best of luck . i got it .lol