Mic alternative for HyperX Cloud

Mad5cout

So, I hesitantly ordered some HyperX Clouds today.  I have had a set of Corsair 1300s for about 4 years now and been pleased with their performance yet they tend to deteriorate and break near the earcup joints.  So, I am trying something new rather than picking up the updated 1400.

My primary concern is the mic.  Even the test on the video review was underwhelming and most people seem to have problems with it.

My question is would it be possible to swap it out with something like this:
http://gamestergear.com/product/gamestergear-replacement-microphone/

They have different connecters but both rely on a 3.5mm as far as I can tell.  That mic is off a budget headset but the tests I have heard in video reviews are better than the Clouds.  Seems so stupid to cost cut on something that is relatively cheap to implement well.

Thoughts?

I don't think so. I'm looking at my pair right now and there's a specific shape of what can go into the mic jack area.

I use the Zalman clip-on mic personally, instead of the Cloud's mic.

Modmic? Best external mic.

This, Linus did a review on it and it sounded amazing

Steve

What problems are you having with Cloud's Mic? From the reviews I've watched on YouTube, the mic sounded decent. It wasn't the best sounding mic but it wasn't bad.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

I haven't even received the headphones yet but I wasn't so happy with the sound tests.  Also various reviews have noted problems with them upon arrival.  I may not do anything with it but I am doing preliminary research on solutions should I need one.  I may end up just using the included mic with no worries.