Asrock Error Code 62

Dis

Got this new motherboard and got a clean windows install. Was running fine for about 8 hrs so I shut it down, when I turned it on I got no display and usb devices weren't turning on.

Tried clearing cmos (left it out overnight)

1 stick of ram

No gpu and everything not needed disconnected.

Can anyone help me?

Running i5 3570k

Asrock z77 extreme 4

Evga 750 g2

Gtx 970

Btw error code 62 means Installation of the South bridge runtime services

Try reseatting your ram and only having essential usb devices.

How many sticks of ram do you have? try each one!

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/299592-30-boot-shows-error-code-asrock

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Tried my other stick,still no change

Have any other RAM that may be compatible laying around? Also, try all of the slots, you might just happen to have two that are dead. :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Can you try booting without the video card?

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Have any other RAM that may be compatible laying around? Also, try all of the slots, you might just happen to have two that are dead. :(

Just tried and nothing, i know the ram is good because I used it on a different pc not too long ago.Any chance it could be the cpu?

Just tried and nothing, i know the ram is good because I used it on a different pc not too long ago.Any chance it could be the cpu?

It might be... Try reseating the CPU and see what it does?

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

It might be... Try reseating the CPU and see what it does?

Did that as well as go back to stock cooler. This had happened with my last motherboard which is why I got this new one. Maybe it wasnt the mobo? But i have no other compatible cpu for them.

Are you in a position to update the BIOS? Could be worth a try if it's possible. If this doesn't work it could potentially be a faulty unit.

Need help with the RMA/retail side of things? Feel free to send me a PM, always happy to share my industry experience with others.

Are you in a position to update the BIOS? Could be worth a try if it's possible. If this doesn't work it could potentially be a faulty unit.

Nope, I get no monitor signal at all.

Faulty motherboard you mean?

Nope, I get no monitor signal at all.

Faulty motherboard you mean?

Yeah.... Might be time to contact the retailer.

Need help with the RMA/retail side of things? Feel free to send me a PM, always happy to share my industry experience with others.

Yeah.... Might be time to contact the retailer.

You think both motherboards failed to the same thing? Im already rma'ing the old one

You think both motherboards failed to the same thing? Im already rma'ing the old one

Oh, I see. Try another CPU if you have access to one. If not, just RMA.

Dont have another cpu handy so rma is the only choice. If it is the cpu, and it happens again on the replacement board would i still get another refund /replacement?

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried on the same board but a new one,everything was fine, was online for a few hours . Powered down once and its doing the same thing, black screen and error 62.

One shutdown and it stops working?

Just to round things up, did you try another PSU yet? I´d try that one and try the GTX970 in different PCIe slots. If that doesn´t help as well I´d check the mainboard compatibility with the RAM and if that is fine as well I´d probably go for targeting the CPU as the issue.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Just to round things up, did you try another PSU yet? I´d try that one and try the GTX970 in different PCIe slots. If that doesn´t help as well I´d check the mainboard compatibility with the RAM and if that is fine as well I´d probably go for targeting the CPU as the issue.

Tried two different psus, ram is good and same error code when moving gpu to other slot.

Just about to bite the bullet and get a fefund and use that towards a newer cpu.

If i where to return it for a refund, would I jus state the same problem again?

Don't want it to appear supsicious to the site I got it from. Even though it "could" be my cpu.

The one I tried today is the replacement for the first one that failed over the same thing.

If i where to return it for a refund, would I jus state the same problem again?

Don't want it to appear supsicious to newegg. Even though it "could" be my cpu.

The one I tried today is the replacement for the first one that failed over the same thing.

I´d say you have no idea why this doesn´t work but you have the same issue. And you are not even lying, you don´t know if it´s the CPU yet. All you know is, that the board doesn´t function properly.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I´d say you have no idea why this doesn´t work but you have the same issue. And you are not even lying, you don´t know if it´s the CPU yet. All you know is, that the board doesn´t function properly.

True, thanks for the help, going to hope I get refunded and save for a 4690k in the near future.

True, thanks for the help, going to hope I get refunded and save for a 4690k in the near future.

That would be a good plan, the i5 4690K is a nice CPU :).

Woke up and tried again, it actually booted up when I used a 660 ti, so I tried my 970 again and it worked. Has been on for a few hrs now and ive been able to shutdown and it boot up again.

Only thing I did was reseat most cables. Wonder what happened, just glad I have 30 days to decide what to do, in case it goes down again.

Woke up and tried again, it actually booted up when I used a 660 ti, so I tried my 970 again and it worked. Has been on for a few hrs now and ive been able to shutdown and it boot up again.

Only thing I did was reseat most cables. Wonder what happened, just glad I have 30 days to decide what to do, in case it goes down again.

BLACK MAGIC!! HERETIC!! ;)

Joke aside it could be possible that the 24pin or 4pin CPU cable are damaged. I´d try to track that down further if I were you. Try to replace this cables. And start the machine and wiggle them a bit, if the PC shuts down you have found your issue!

Good catch there.