Xonar DG

Wingfan

Just picked this up from Newegg warehouse, my headset will be here Monday :)....I will have descent sound again!!!!!

post-9191-0-88121700-1372433232_thumb.jp

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Just got a DGX(PCIE version of the DG) myself, It sounds great made a huge difference over my onboard audio. 

W O W!!!! what a difference from the onboard, even with my crap headset im using right now......

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

W O W!!!! what a difference from the onboard, even with my crap headset im using right now......

I know, the amp in them works wonders doesn't it?

hellz ya! amazing! lmao......big smile on my face! :D

I know, the amp in them works wonders doesn't it?

hellz ya! amazing! lmao......big smile on my face! :D

Same experience form me.  I justified buying it so I can use a mic on my system as I had a dead input on my board, both rear and front.  No longer have this problem so i'm extra happy. 

Same experience form me.  I justified buying it so I can use a mic on my system as I had a dead input on my board, both rear and front.  No longer have this problem so i'm extra happy. 

I have CM Storm Sirus S coming Monday, using an old pair of Turtle Beach (aaaaakkkkkkk)

I have CM Storm Sirus S coming Monday, using an old pair of Turtle Beach (aaaaakkkkkkk)

I dont like headsets personally, I think they look asinine when not at a computer.  Thats why I love my ATH-M50's and my Koss Porta Pro's.  I can use them at the computer and while im walking around.  And for $30 everyone should own a pair of Porta Pro's.

I dont like headsets personally, I think they look asinine when not at a computer.  Thats why I love my ATH-M50's and my Koss Porta Pro's.  I can use them at the computer and while im walking around.  And for $30 everyone should own a pair of Porta Pro's.

These wont be leaving this desk lol, so not many people will see me in my geekness ;) I also have some older Creative 5.1 system, it still rocks but im in a condo so I cant blast it :?

These wont be leaving this desk lol, so not many people will see me in my geekness ;) I also have some older Creative 5.1 system, it still rocks but im in a condo so I cant blast it :?

Thats no fun. I cant do it either as I am  living with family. 

Boom Boom Boom!!!

It's funny, my DG is a bit better than my onboard, but not that much better.

Maybe my Gigabyte mobo actually has pretty decent onboard sound.  :huh:

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

My DG is a lot better than my onboard, especially for music and not so much for gaming. Music was the main reason why I got the DG, and DG because ive always had Sound Blasters and wanted to try something else, and im not disappointed :)

Well, given that the Xonar DG has a 10 Ohm output impedance and the onboard card on your gigabyte motherboard is probably a Realtek with a 2 Ohm output impedance, the DIFFERENCE you're hearing is bloated bass and more volume.  Other than that, there IS no difference.

Everything else is just confirmation bias.

My DG is a lot better than my onboard, especially for music and not so much for gaming. Music was the main reason why I got the DG, and DG because ive always had Sound Blasters and wanted to try something else, and im not disappointed :)

Why aren't you getting a pair of studio monitors instead then?

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Well, given that the Xonar DG has a 10 Ohm output impedance and the onboard card on your gigabyte motherboard is probably a Realtek with a 2 Ohm output impedance, the DIFFERENCE you're hearing is bloated bass and more volume.  Other than that, there IS no difference.

Everything else is just confirmation bias.

Why aren't you getting a pair of studio monitors instead then?

? what do you mean ?

I'm considering the DGX myself. I'm really excited!

Congrats OP. I have the DG but I started getting static because the sound card was close to my GPU. Since I had my Fiio E10 already I just started using that instead. I prefer a real DAC/amp and it is a portable USB amp.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Real decent card and lightyears ahead of onboard sound (not noticable if you use mp3)......to see "hear" most of it hook it up to a pair of decent speakers or dedicated amp !

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/headphone-amp-impedance.html

Read all about it.  It's in the FAQ too.

that's ok....im happy with my purchase.

and YES there IS a difference. But that's for me to enjoy :P