how do i configure my headphones to only play sounds for certain applications?

Wufflez

I have two speakers in my computer, each with their own audio port. One is in the back, the other is in the front. How can I assign an application to play to one of the speakers or mute it on one but still play everything else, for example something like skype? Right now they both play the same thing.

Or, how can I feed audio through to skype so the other person can hear whats going on, on my computer?

CheVolume

Windows is limited in that you can only assign outputs/inputs if that program has the option in their own settings.

Or, how can I feed audio through to skype so the other person can hear whats going on, on my computer?

To do only this, download Free Virtual Audio Cable alternative. Set the cable input as the default playback device in windows sound settings. In windows settings of the cable output, on the listen tab, check the "listen to this device" box and in the "Playback through this device" drop down menu, select your headphones or speakers. If you still need them to hear your mic, do the same (you will also hear your own mic unfortunately).  In Skype settings, select the cable output as the microphone input.