Looking for computer speakers

Spev

Hey guys. So I get kinda tired of wearing a headset for gaming sessions, especially when they don't even require the mic. I'm looking for a set of computer speakers. I'm willing to spend a good amount for them, but not really looking for spend $400 bucks on some deluxe Bose speakers, but want them to be nice. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Hey guys. So I get kinda tired of wearing a headset for gaming sessions, especially when they don't even require the mic. I'm looking for a set of computer speakers. I'm willing to spend a good amount for them, but not really looking for spend $400 bucks on some deluxe Bose speakers, but want them to be nice. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I use the Bose Companion 20's and they cost ~$175. They're damn good.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121048&cm_re=z623-_-36-121-048-_-Product

Using these, and damn.. They get LOUD! Very sharp highs, and very clean, sharp lows. Mids /can/ be kind of muddy, but for most music they were pretty good for their price. Be warned that in a 12x12ft room, anything over 50% volume is usually too loud for me. Bass is adjustable from the speaker, so if you want more or less.. "boom" you can do that. The bass does NOT overpower the rest of the music, either. I'm going to get roasted from an audiophile here in a moment though, just wait for it. 

Get some KRK Rokit studio monitors. They will sound good in most situations and should last a while.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

I use the Bose Companion 20's and they cost ~$175. They're damn good.

Meh, that's a bit higher than what I was shooting for. I wouldn't spend more than $200 bucks on these. I'll look into them. One thing I hate is spending money on something that isn't great. So it would probably be worth my while to put some more into these as an investment so I'm not dissatisfied later. I'll look into those.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Get some KRK Rokit studio monitors. They will sound good in most situations and should last a while.

Not the greatest speakers for the money and even if somebody wanted them for monitoring, they are not that great for that purpose either. 

For about 150 bucks you can get Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, and they are decent for what they are. I like them as far as how easy they are.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum