Can't connect my External HDD to my Win8 Tablet !

gh0st47

Hey guys , my Dad just recently bought a new tablet for me as a Chinese New Year present :P   Ainol* iNoVo8. 
Tablet is great and all , but one problem. It uses a Micro USB B if not mistaken , the ones that we are using on our External Hard Drives ? Like my W.D Passport Ultra. 

Ok the tablet did came with a OTG USB Converter from traditional USB to the Micro USB B. So I tried plugging in my USB Flash Drives , it all works fine. 
But I tried plugging in my W.D Passport Ultra external hard drive , it won't work my tablet won't detect my hard drive. Not just that my drive started to make some funny noises. Thank God , nothing happened to it though...

So I was wondering what's the problem here? Is there a solution or Im doing something wrong ? 
Basically the connection is something like W.D Passport Ultra > Micro USB B > USB 3.0 Male > USB 3.0 Female > Micro USB B > Ainol* iNoVo8 Tablet

Another question , will the Corsair Voyage GO USB Flash Drive work on my tablet ??

There is not enough power going to the port for the drive.

The only solution I know of is to buy a powered hub, or use a different port. Sorry.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

It may be an issue with the tablet not being able to provide enough power to the drive. 

A powered adapter or hub may be your only option. 

The Voyage GO should work fine with the tablet. 

O I didn't know External Hardrives take up that much power @@ 
I have a USB Hub lying around that's able to connect to my house's wall socket for extra power. Maybe I will give it a shot.