Browsers Using a LOT of RAM?

IcySploit

Hey there guys.

So I've recently been encountering the issue of various web browsers using way too much RAM. The problem occurs on Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.

Here's my task manager:

1B3zswq.png

I included Skype and Libre Office to show just how much Firefox dwarfs the other two in RAM usage. I have three tabs open - my email, the Linus Tech Tips forums, and the screen shot seen above.

Does anyone know what may be causing this and a solution to it? I currently have 8 GBs of RAM. If you need any more information, let me know.

Edit: here's my entire task manager.

`XnA3DaT.png

Edited by IcySploit

430 MB is average.

Wait till you see chrome when I start opening new tabs.

430 MB isn't that much. When you add a few plugins, and a video or like 8+ tabs you might get to a dangerous RAM level, but I think 430 MB is both safe, and average.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

how are you using all 8 gb? my system with just web browsing with chrome pulls 4.

Just checked task manager. idling at 7.5gb lol

430 MB is average.

Wait till you see chrome when I start opening new tabs.

Well yes, I've done the same however it's just obsurd that it's taking up this much RAM, and how much it's hindering my preformance. There's nothing else I can end to try to free up some RAM because they're mostly Windows processes.

If it's average I'll see what I can do to cut down on some other progarms, hopefully making up for it.

Well yes, I've done the same however it's just obsurd that it's taking up this much RAM, and how much it's hindering my preformance. There's nothing else I can end to try to free up some RAM because they're mostly Windows processes.

If it's average I'll see what I can do to cut down on some other progarms, hopefully making up for it.

I dont know why browsers use that much these days... 

But you have 8 gigs why that bothers you?

how are you using all 8 gb? my system with just web browsing with chrome pulls 4.

Just checked task manager. idling at 7.5gb lol

XnA3DaT.png

A lot of them are Windows processes taking up ~1MB of RAM. Other than that, no clue to be honest.

I dont know why browsers use that much these days... 

But you have 8 gigs why that bothers you?

Well simply because it's using up *so* much in comparison to all of the others, and I'm stretched thin due to Windows processes and things like my headset driver.

Well simply because it's using up *so* much in comparison to all of the others, and I'm stretched thin due to Windows processes and things like my headset driver.

well see. the thing with ram is, you dont lose anything for using all of it. the perfect system would have its ram near 100% all the time. the more things in ram the better. 

the issue is when you dont have enough for what you want to do. if your browser/software/games start choking up, you have a issue. until that happens I honestly wouldnt worry

well see. the thing with ram is, you dont lose anything for using all of it. the perfect system would have its ram near 100% all the time. the more things in ram the better. 

the issue is when you dont have enough for what you want to do. if your browser/software/games start choking up, you have a issue. until that happens I honestly wouldnt worry

Yeah. It just hinders performance which is irritating. My browser will randomly stall for a moment and/or stop working on occasion. I have to close virtually everything when I go to play something like PlanetSide2 or BF: Hardline. While it's not a massive problem, I figured asking wouldn't hurt.