Rant+need help with s-off for HTC One M7

1Scotty1

So...

Yesterday after couple of hours, I managed to UNLOCK and ROOT my HTC One M7 successfully. Man, that was a pain - first do this, but before that do this, and after that do this and this, but you must have that installed etc. Took me a good 4 hours to do it and finally I wanted to S-OFF the phone but the damn thing just wouldnt budge.

I tried it with Rumrunner (latest). I have Hboot 1.57. It finished unsuccessfully saying I need an "unsecured kernel" so I flashed a Bulletproof kernel, which went without error, but now my screen displayed random lines across it on random places but Rumrunner went through at first but then failed at finish saying "Wait 30seconds, power on device, pray and run Rumrunner again". So fed up, I wanted to flash back to stock kernel, but by my mistake I flashed a 4.4.4 kernel on my 4.4.3 KitKat and my phone is now stuck on boot logo. So I am waiting now to get home from work so I can re-flash it correctly. /rant

The whole point of this was to get a Google Play Edition ROM on my HTC One. But I NEED S-OFF but, for the love of me the Rumrunner wont work and Firewater is discontinued. Any more ways to S-OFF??

Thanks for the help, I needed to vent

So...

Yesterday after couple of hours, I managed to UNLOCK and ROOT my HTC One M7 successfully. Man, that was a pain - first do this, but before that do this, and after that do this and this, but you must have that installed etc. Took me a good 4 hours to do it and finally I wanted to S-OFF the phone but the damn thing just wouldnt budge.

I tried it with Rumrunner (latest). I have Hboot 1.57. It finished unsuccessfully saying I need an "unsecured kernel" so I flashed a Bulletproof kernel, which went without error, but now my screen displayed random lines across it on random places but Rumrunner went through at first but then failed at finish saying "Wait 30seconds, power on device, pray and run Rumrunner again". So fed up, I wanted to flash back to stock kernel, but by my mistake I flashed a 4.4.4 kernel on my 4.4.3 KitKat and my phone is now stuck on boot logo. So I am waiting now to get home from work so I can re-flash it correctly. /rant

The whole point of this was to get a Google Play Edition ROM on my HTC One. But I NEED S-OFF but, for the love of me the Rumrunner wont work and Firewater is discontinued. Any more ways to S-OFF??

Thanks for the help, I needed to vent

I didn't know rum-runner was discontinued, someone modded it to make it work with my phone (Desire 300/ Zara mini) but actually unlocking a HTC Phone is so much more effort than others, google devices being the easiest, I also tried using Rumrunner and it said the same, after doing *nothing* but my phone does not have open source code LIKE EVERY OTHER HTC PHONE so I cant even try to flash a new kernel, I am only able to use CM10 with some black magic, you shouldn't NEED S-Off to flash a ROM, just a custom recovery.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

I didn't know rum-runner was discontinued, someone modded it to make it work with my phone (Desire 300/ Zara mini) but actually unlocking a HTC Phone is so much more effort than others, google devices being the easiest, I also tried using Rumrunner and it said the same, after doing *nothing* but my phone does not have open source code LIKE EVERY OTHER HTC PHONE so I cant even try to flash a new kernel, I am only able to use CM10 with some black magic, you shouldn't NEED S-Off to flash a ROM, just a custom recovery.

Rumrunner is not discontinued, Firewater is. But S-OFF is needed specifically for the Google Play Edition ROM... but if I cant do it, I will just Flash it with Android Revolution HD and be done with it.

Finally... I flashed Android Revolution HD (5.0.2) and works flawlessly :)

To get it working with Rumrunner (I assume you have 4.3+), you need to set SELinux to permissive for it to work to get S-OFF. Just go download an app to do that.

To get it working with Rumrunner (I assume you have 4.3+), you need to set SELinux to permissive for it to work to get S-OFF. Just go download an app to do that.

I had 4.4.3... I even tried Sunshine, but that didnt work either, said there was problem with SU or whatever, so I flashed Android Revolition HD 5.0.2 and works flawlessly :)