iPhone backup?

slifer

I need help with my iPhone backup. I cracked the screen today.. and I have no clue how it happened.. and the thing is I had a tempered glass screen protector on it and both glass's are cracked.. So I need to back up my stuff. It is cracked so deep that the screen is unresponsive and shows no image. I have just downloaded the new Itunes since I never used it before.. and have no idea how this thing works.

I need help with my iPhone backup. I cracked the screen today.. and I have no clue how it happened.. and the thing is I had a tempered glass screen protector on it and both glass's are cracked.. So I need to back up my stuff. It is cracked so deep that the screen is unresponsive and shows no image. I have just downloaded the new Itunes since I never used it before.. and have no idea how this thing works.

Just connect it to the computer and it will ask if you want to trust this computer say yes, afterwards it should be loading up the phone and start doing a backup on the top bar you should see it saying backing up. To check once it's done go into file preference and click on a tab called backups and there should be a data log of the backup you just did 

Don't really have to back it up, just get the screen replaced and you should be fine.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Don't really have to back it up, just get the screen replaced and you should be fine.

I am not sure if I want to keep this phone, or get a new phone. So backing up is always better

Just connect it to the computer and it will ask if you want to trust this computer say yes, afterwards it should be loading up the phone and start doing a backup on the top bar you should see it saying backing up. To check once it's done go into file preference and click on a tab called backups and there should be a data log of the backup you just did 

I connected it to my computer and it says : "Do you want to allow this computer to access information from "iPhone"?"

I pressed yes, and it says: " To allow access, please respond on your iPhone"

Which is impossible to do since my iPhone is severely cracked and doesn't even show an image. The touchscreen is unresponsive as well. But the network and all that worked (phone vibrated when received a call or text.

I connected it to my computer and it says : "Do you want to allow this computer to access information from "iPhone"?"

I pressed yes, and it says: " To allow access, please respond on your iPhone"

Which is impossible to do since my iPhone is severely cracked and doesn't even show an image. The touchscreen is unresponsive as well. But the network and all that worked (phone vibrated when received a call or text.

Oh you have a lock on the iPhone and no way of unlocking it, other than 3rd party software like TinyUmbrella or PhoneView, I think that's the only way to really access your data.

As for getting a new phone or repairing check prices for repairs, it may be that it could be cheaper to get a new phone.

Oh you have a lock on the iPhone and no way of unlocking it, other than 3rd party software like TinyUmbrella or PhoneView, I think that's the only way to really access your data.

As for getting a new phone or repairing check prices for repairs, it may be that it could be cheaper to get a new phone.

I see that Phoneview is a Mac only software.. and I don't know how TinyUmbrella works..

I see that Phoneview is a Mac only software.. and I don't know how TinyUmbrella works..

Srry wrong software tiny Umbrella is for backing up SHS blobs which is just a copy of the current IOS version, but there are a lot of third party software that do backups. But as for itunes if you log into your apple ID and try the drop down menu and selected devices and backup does it automatically go to please respond to your phone?

Srry wrong software tiny Umbrella is for backing up SHS blobs which is just a copy of the current IOS version, but there are a lot of third party software that do backups. But as for itunes if you log into your apple ID and try the drop down menu and selected devices and backup does it automatically go to please respond to your phone?

I've been logged into my id the whole time, and it still said that.

Shows no IOS device found I'm just about ready to throw this at the wall.. so frustrated :/ thanks for the help though

On the off chance if things don't work out try bringing it to apple and see if they can pull the data off of it for you, they maybe able to help more so than the third party softwares.

On the off chance if things don't work out try bringing it to apple and see if they can pull the data off of it for you, they maybe able to help more so than the third party softwares.

Would something like this

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/iPhone/iPhone-5-Display-Assembly-with-Home-Button-and-Front-Camera/IF118-028-3

fix the whole issue? My phone can turn on, but it doesn't show images or have a responsive touchscreen. I might as well try this. The damaged part of the screen is dented in approximately.. 2-3 mm?

Would something like this

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/iPhone/iPhone-5-Display-Assembly-with-Home-Button-and-Front-Camera/IF118-028-3

fix the whole issue? My phone can turn on, but it doesn't show images or have a responsive touchscreen. I might as well try this. The damaged part of the screen is dented in approximately.. 2-3 mm?

Yes if your handy with small parts and get the tools needed to open it up and replace the screen it can be possible, for the iPhone 5 it's fairly easy since to open the phone you will need to suction cup or most likely pry off the screen in your case after removing some screws. Just be sure the dent hasn't gone straight through into vital components of the phone or battery, but as a side note can you not use your touch ID to unlock and allow your phone to sync with iTunes?

Yes if your handy with small parts and get the tools needed to open it up and replace the screen it can be possible, for the iPhone 5 it's fairly easy since to open the phone you will need to suction cup or most likely pry off the screen in your case after removing some screws. Just be sure the dent hasn't gone straight through into vital components of the phone or battery, but as a side note can you not use your touch ID to unlock and allow your phone to sync with iTunes?

Iphone 5 doesnt have touch ID

I have no idea how deep the dent has gone to, but since everything seems to be functioning fine except the screen i supposed its the only damaged part

Iphone 5 doesnt have touch ID

I have no idea how deep the dent has gone to, but since everything seems to be functioning fine except the screen i supposed its the only damaged part

You would be correct, I should probably get some sleep getting late here, and for the depth can you see the aluminum plate they use for backing if that is dented in a large amount it may have pushed some of the components on the inside but since you had a glass screen protector I doubt even in the worst case it wouldn't damage the insides.

You would be correct, I should probably get some sleep getting late here, and for the depth can you see the aluminum plate they use for backing if that is dented in a large amount it may have pushed some of the components on the inside but since you had a glass screen protector I doubt even in the worst case it wouldn't damage the insides.

Currently, all I see is black so I'm not sure what is damaged and what can be salvaged. Anyways have a good nights rest and thanks for they help :)

Go to an iPhone store and ask for help..

I am sorry to tell you this but there is no way to backup this piece of shit.. Happened to me too, but it wasn't a crack.. It was water damage. sigh.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Go to an iPhone store and ask for help..

I am sorry to tell you this but there is no way to backup this piece of shit.. Happened to me too, but it wasn't a crack.. It was water damage. sigh.

do you know how much it would cost to replace the screen assembly?

do you know how much it would cost to replace the screen assembly?

Depends in your country.

Service + New screen may cost Uhmm... In the US I assume.. Around 80 bucks? 120? 130?

For me it's 600-700Israeli Shekels because of Service + Screen. So convert that and make it alittle but tinier. But ask them!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Depends in your country.

Service + New screen may cost Uhmm... In the US I assume.. Around 80 bucks? 120? 130?

For me it's 600-700Israeli Shekels because of Service + Screen. So convert that and make it alittle but tinier. But ask them!

Will do, hope they dont switch phones.. I still have stuff on it and cant access it.. :(

if your getting a new phone it would have to be an iphone so that your old backup can move onto your new phone.

if you get a new android it would be alot of messing around.

which iphone is it?

Jack Whitbread

Ultras0nix

if your getting a new phone it would have to be an iphone so that your old backup can move onto your new phone.

if you get a new android it would be alot of messing around.

which iphone is it?

5, I ended up getting a deal for $74 to replace the screen

5, I ended up getting a deal for $74 to replace the screen

Just make sure they are using original OEM parts and not some poor quality screen and glass front.