DDC Vs D5... Again

Hi guys,

I was wondering if a DDC pump would be enougj for my build, I know that the D5 is quieter but that doesn't matter to me, if the DDC works I'll go with that. 5 radiators, CPU/GPU Block, Rigid tubing, Soft tubing and 2 reservoirs

Thanks.

I think the only reason you should get a DDC instead of a D5 is that you dont have enough space for a D5. Or if your budget is ridiculously low and cant spare 20 bucks for a way better pump

There can't be any choices: get D5 or spend twice more upgrading to it from DDC later.

This, I'm not sure where I heard it, but don't you need to keep the DDC pumps cool with a heatsink or something? I might be wrong but surely someone will clear that up? Maybe @B NEGATIVE

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

This, I'm not sure where I heard it, but don't you need to keep the DDC pumps cool with a heatsink or something? I might be wrong but surely someone will clear that up? Maybe @B NEGATIVE

Since it twice less powerful, that D5, it could be this way, yes.

But I've never done a pump cooling, D5 doesn't heat much for me.

Get d5

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

if you have the space, the D5 is the better choice. the DDC being a great pump

also will need some cooling itself as the coolant cools the D5 and airflow is what

cools the DDC. usage of the extra heatsink for the DDC will provide better

longevity, without it eventually it will fail.

DDC's run at full speed for lengths of time require a heatsink,this applies to 18w and PWM models,the 10w is just fine in its stock housing.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

DDC's run at full speed for lengths of time require a heatsink,this applies to 18w and PWM models,the 10w is just fine in its stock housing.

I thought so but just wanted to make sure, Just fitted my D5, I'm extremely happy!  :D

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd