Motherboard AC

SYPH
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

Are the Wi-Fi in boards like Asrcock Extreme6/AC good? Are they worth the high price tag, or is buying just a cheap motherboard, and wifi adapter cheaper? Would I have to install a driver for the adapter?

If you save $20 or more by using a cheaper mobo with the chipset and features you like + a separate adapter then yes.

And the driver may be included in Windows 8.1 but most of the time (all of the time in win7) you'll have to install drivers for wifi

Are the Wi-Fi in boards like Asrcock Extreme6/AC good? Are they worth the high price tag, or is buying just a cheap motherboard, and wifi adapter cheaper? Would I have to install a driver for the adapter?

If you save $20 or more by using a cheaper mobo with the chipset and features you like + a separate adapter then yes.

And the driver may be included in Windows 8.1 but most of the time (all of the time in win7) you'll have to install drivers for wifi

"Rawr XD"

tbh buy a wifi card for like 15 $

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

tbh buy a wifi card for like 15 $

This ^^^ 

i went with this solution, got an asus one. ( can tell you the model tonight if your entered Mr.OP) HAs been rock solid for me. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

This ^^^ 

i went with this solution, got an asus one. ( can tell you the model tonight if your entered Mr.OP) HAs been rock solid for me. 

Same for me 11€ TP Link card works really well and my router is just shit and upstairs so yeah :D

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Pretty much all Asus WiFi adapters are good, never had a problem with any of them

@SYPH I'd suggest any of 

USB-N13 (USB single band)

USB-N53 (USB dual band)

PCE-N15 (PCIe single band)

PCE-N53 (PCIe dual band)

"Rawr XD"

Pretty much all Asus WiFi adapters are good, never had a problem with any of them

@SYPH I'd suggest any of 

USB-N13 (USB single band)

USB-N53 (USB dual band)

PCE-N15 (PCIe single band)

PCE-N53 (PCIe dual band)

Whats dual band and single band? Is it the antenna?

Whats dual band and single band? Is it the antenna?

Dual-band means that if you have a dual-band router it can connect to the router's 5GHz network. Using 5GHz WiFi has less interference then standard 2.4GHz, and can give you a faster and more reliable connection (although signal is weaker through walls and floors with 5GHz)

"Rawr XD"