Windows Reinstall

Jimbillroo Digital

Okay, it's asking me to load a driver. I don't know what driver it is referring to and where to find a driver.

"It" what?

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

Okay, it's asking me to load a driver. I don't know what driver it is referring to and where to find a driver.

I could be wrong, but every time i install a fresh windows it asks for drivers in the beginning of the setup.

It always said optional drivers in my case. You need these "optional drivers" if you have a special raid card or sata controller.

So my guess is, that it can't find the appropriate sata drivers on the install disk and now is asking you to supply them to the setup.

"It" what?

I could be wrong, but every time i install a fresh windows it asks for drivers in the beginning of the setup.

It always said optional drivers in my case. You need these "optional drivers" if you have a special raid card or sata controller.

So my guess is, that it can't find the appropriate sata drivers on the install disk and now is asking you to supply them to the setup.

I don't know where to find these Drivers I've gone to the Acer website and downloaded the chipset drivers but it won't accept them.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

Can you take a photo of the screen or something? The all-in-one specs your computer has are not cutting edge, so I'd expect a Windows installation DVD to have all the drivers it needs.

Rule with your heart,

Can you take a photo of the screen or something? The all-in-one specs your computer has are not cutting edge, so I'd expect a Windows installation DVD to have all the drivers it needs.

This is what I'm seeing.

vista2usb_required_cd_dvd_driver_is_miss

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

u should check that bios havent changed anything? maby a clear cmos could do the trick. then Again how old is your mashine? and what psu dose it have?

I don't know how old it is and have no clue what PSU it has.

How do you disable AHCI mode for your disk controller in the BIOS? My BIOS is American Megatrends P01-B1.

It should be in the BIOS, where the option to enable the raid function lives.

wait is this a laptop?

It's an AIO and not a particularly new one either.

How do you disable AHCI mode for your disk controller in the BIOS? My BIOS is American Megatrends P01-B1.

This isn't common knowledge. Either consult your manual or poke around the BIOS yourself. Careful not to screw things up.

Rule with your heart,

well i think to clear the CMOS would be an option then u should know if its a bios problem or not

So, I need to remove the CMOS battery put it back in and boot it up.

u can clear the CMOS take all power of the system then open the side. On the motherboard there is a battery a small one take that one out hold the start button in for some sekonds then place battery in the mother board again connect the power and start the pc

your machine has a cheap 220watt psu it could be the failt for the performence problems u have

It could also be aproblem with the cpu if it has ever been too hot it could have taken damage amd cpu gets hot

u can clear the CMOS take all power of the system then open the side. On the motherboard there is a battery a small one take that one out hold the start button in for some sekonds then place battery in the mother board again connect the power and start the pc

Looks like my CMOS battery will not be easy to access, looks to me like it's behind the DVD tray bank which looks really hard to take out and I don't want to damage it. Can I just unplug the PC, press the power button for a few seconds and leave the CMOS battery to drain?

Looks like my CMOS battery will not be easy to access, looks to me like it's behind the DVD tray bank which looks really hard to take out and I don't want to damage it. Can I just unplug the PC, press the power button for a few seconds and leave the CMOS battery to drain?

wont Work the cmos battery will hold the charge whitout a problem

your machine has a cheap 220watt psu it could be the failt for the performence problems u have

It could also be aproblem with the cpu if it has ever been too hot it could have taken damage amd cpu gets hot

I've got to say that the machine did feel hot when I unplugged it. I have a suspicion it is the motherboard as I have had problems with onboard graphics before this happened.

regardless of the pc is damaged your main problem is to install the Windows 7 from a cd i guess your cd drive maby is to old for this so u could try using the usb option