Nosgoth

Kevin_Walter

I did a quick search as well as checking the first 5 pages or so of this forum and could only find old threads referencing beta keys and free weekends and whatnot.

For those who don't know, Nosgoth is a Free2Play PvP team-based third person shooter (kind of) that is based on the old Legacy of Kain series where you play as humans and vampires fighting for... dominance, I guess.

It's a pretty simple game, but also pretty fun... and it's now in early release open beta on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200110/

Now, I normally stay away from F2P AND early access games, but this one caught my eye, so I gave it a quick download and found that it's actually pretty damn good. The graphics are good, the game is sort of pay2win, but you don't HAVE to pay anything to unlock any of the actual gear. The only stuff that you must pay money for are cosmetic skins, animations, and things like xp and gold boosts. All of the equipment, classes, abilities, and perks can be purchased by using gold that you earn from completing matches, and the prices seem to be pretty reasonable.

I don't normally promote or advertise games like this, but I actually do think that from what I've seen so far, this is F2P done right, and there don't seem to be a whole lot of games that I can say that about.

Personally, I love the duality of the two races in the game. Playing as the vamps is fun because it gives you that sort of "predator" vibe, where you're stalking your prey and waiting for the perfect time to strike (especially when playing a Reaver). Humans take some experience to learn to use effectively and have a much higher difficulty curve, but a decent human team can dominate vampires pretty easily as well.

The game modes are pretty limited at the moment (there are only two), and there are only a handful of maps, but new maps are on the way, as well as two more classes. The game is still in beta though, so I could see them building on it quite a bit.

Anyways, go check it out. Like I said, it's free and it's currently on like 5GBs to download. It at least deserves a try, I think.

Here's some gameplay... not mine though.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."