K65 RGB or K70 Non-RGB

dannyule

Hey guys,

So my K70 just died after 3 weeks of use, RMAd it back to Scan.co.uk and I'm now wondering whether I should get a K65 RGB instead of a replacement non-RGB K70. I don't use the end numberpad at all and so I don't see the need for it, I never use macros either as some people may say you can use it for macros. The only disappointed will be with the K65 is that there are no bottom feet to have the bottom side of the keyboard raised as this is how I used the K70, however I'm sure I can adjust to having the keyboard sit flat. So what do you guys recommend me do, are the RGB model significantly better on LEDs as opposed to the non RGB line of Corsair Keyboards. Oh and I'm going for Red switches as that's what I used before and I've grown accustom to them.

Oh and both keyboards are priced the same just if anyone's wondering.

Thanks people!

Motherboard - ASUS GENE VII   CPU - i5-4690k   Ram - 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2133MHz   GPU - ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB   PSU - Corsair CX750   SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Case - Bitfenix Prodigy M (White)   OS - Windows 8.1 (64x)

Well, since you don't use the numpad, I don't see why you shouldn't go for the K65. I'm surprised it doesn't have lifters, but that should be a minor drawback; maybe you can prop it up to a book?

[witty signature]

Depends if you mind having MX Reds

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Well, since you don't use the numpad, I don't see why you shouldn't go for the K65. I'm surprised it doesn't have lifters, but that should be a minor drawback; maybe you can prop it up to a book?

There's lifters at the top of the K65 just not at the bottom. I've ended up ordering the K65 RGB and also some rubber feet from amazon and I'll just stick them on the bottom of it

Motherboard - ASUS GENE VII   CPU - i5-4690k   Ram - 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2133MHz   GPU - ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB   PSU - Corsair CX750   SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Depends if you mind having MX Reds

Mentioned in the post that I like MX Reds