DS4 on Windows 7

PumaXCS
Go to solution Solved by PumaXCS,

For forum searching sake here is my conclusion. It was indeed the BT dongle.

The Atheros PCI one I was using wouldn't work. Uninstalled everything. Tried my ASUS USB and went through it all again and DS3/DS4 both connect over BT now without any problems.

Question, how do I remove a reserved slot in the SCP monitor? I connected both controllers for testing purposes but now I would like it if only the DS4 was connected to my PC. Not that it is really that big of a deal was just curious how you do it.

Has anyone here had any success connected their DS4 to their PC over bluetooth? I've tried connecting it straight to Windows in Device Manager and get it connected but as it installs the driver it disconnects but the controller light stays on like it was connected, I have also tried the SCP server and it connects over wired but not bluetooth however, my DS3 works over bluetooth. I am using the PCI Atheros BT adapter that came with my Gigabyte Sniper 5.

I'm fine with it working on a wire at my PC when its just me and my monitor (primarily racing game use) but my roommates and I have recently found the joy's of splitscreen games on Steam; one on DS3, one on old Logitech G310, and me on DS4. The screen is a little small though and would like to use game stream to the living room so we aren't on top of each other while playing but I will need the DS controllers to work wirelessly for that to be a success and I've hit a huge roadblock there. Any help or alternatives appreciated.

I've used these links but I'm aware of a fork that SCP used called DS4 Windows which seems to be supported still. Is that worth a shot or will it have the same results?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Associating-a-DualShock-4-controller-with-Windows-7

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Has anyone here had any success connected their DS4 to their PC over bluetooth? I've tried connecting it straight to Windows in Device Manager and get it connected but as it installs the driver it disconnects but the controller light stays on like it was connected, I have also tried the SCP server and it connects over wired but not bluetooth however, my DS3 works over bluetooth. I am using the PCI Atheros BT adapter that came with my Gigabyte Sniper 5.

I'm fine with it working on a wire at my PC when its just me and my monitor (primarily racing game use) but my roommates and I have recently found the joy's of splitscreen games on Steam; one on DS3, one on old Logitech G310, and me on DS4. The screen is a little small though and would like to use game stream to the living room so we aren't on top of each other while playing but I will need the DS controllers to work wirelessly for that to be a success and I've hit a huge roadblock there. Any help or alternatives appreciated.

I've used these links but I'm aware of a fork that SCP used called DS4 Windows which seems to be supported still. Is that worth a shot or will it have the same results?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Associating-a-DualShock-4-controller-with-Windows-7

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

you have to use the SCPserver for the PS4 Version not the PS3 Version

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

@Ramamataz Same results. Works over wire but when done over BT it doesn't connect. I restart the service after DS4pair says its complete but when I push the PS button to sync the light bar pulses then quits, never connecting.

Actually, looking closer at the DS4pair log I noticed mine doesn't get anywhere near as far as the example. Last 5 lines of my log...

2015-01-24 23:30:46.372 << HCI_Write_Inquiry_Transmit_Power_Level [0C59]
2015-01-24 23:30:46.372 >> HCI_Command_Complete_EV [0E] [00] [HCI_Write_Inquiry_Transmit_Power_Level]
2015-01-24 23:30:46.393 << HCI_Inquiry [0401]
2015-01-24 23:30:46.424 >> HCI_Command_Status_EV [0F] [00] [HCI_Inquiry]
2015-01-24 23:31:17.114 >> HCI_Inquiry_Complete_EV [01]

Compared to this guys log from the video...

2015-01-24 23:04:33.669 << HCI_Inquiry [0401]
2015-01-24 23:04:33.700 >> HCI_Command_Status_EV [0F] [00] [HCI_Inquiry]
2015-01-24 23:04:34.164 >> HCI_Extended_Inquiry_Result_EV [2F]
2015-01-24 23:04:34.173 >> HCI_Extended_Inquiry_Result_EV [2F] [01]
2015-01-24 23:04:34.210 -- Candidate [1C:96:5A:2F:E9:38] [45EC]

It seems like mine is not being detected while its scanning devices while his was. Could it be that the BT dongle I'm using just isn't compatible?

Why dont you just use it wired with the X360 API then use the PS4 converter software that you can find online that maps the DS4 keys. It's what i've done.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

@iDeJayDzn that works at my desk currently what I do but my goal is that I wanted it for couch gaming and having a 15ft USB isn't something I want.

Bump? Any idea's?

I still think it is the BT dongle so I'm going to install what it has so far and try again with a USB dongle. Any other opinions on what could be causing this?

For forum searching sake here is my conclusion. It was indeed the BT dongle.

The Atheros PCI one I was using wouldn't work. Uninstalled everything. Tried my ASUS USB and went through it all again and DS3/DS4 both connect over BT now without any problems.

Question, how do I remove a reserved slot in the SCP monitor? I connected both controllers for testing purposes but now I would like it if only the DS4 was connected to my PC. Not that it is really that big of a deal was just curious how you do it.