1 Laing D5 enough?

I am going to be building a rig, and my setup includes 1 Swiftech MCP655 with the complete Bitspower Mod Kit, pushing water through 3 480x54 rads, 1 EK Supremacy Acrylic, and 1 EK GTX TITAN/780 waterblock. Is 1 Laing D5 enough for this rig?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

yes one liang D5 should be enough for pretty much anything

btw those radiators are very overkill one 480mm rad should be enough

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I am going to be building a rig, and my setup includes 1 Swiftech MCP655 with the complete Bitspower Mod Kit, pushing water through 3 480x54 rads, 1 EK Supremacy Acrylic, and 1 EK GTX TITAN/780 waterblock. Is 1 Laing D5 enough for this rig?

since you are using overkill rads id go with the overkill pumps too and maybe a dual loop! just for the WAW factor haha but the d5 pumps can push 16ft of head i believe and ive seen somewhere it is 50psi but idk if its true...but itll be enough!

watch singularity computers for some aesthetic ideas :D

with a setup like that I cant see any reason not to have 2 D5's.. I dont like to dual loops though, dont understand why anyone would do that.. :(

(Comming soon)

Budget constraints is why I dont want to add another pump. My watercooling loop already costs $2000. :O

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Budget constraints is why I dont want to add another pump. My watercooling loop already costs $2000. :O

You don't need that many rads to be perfectly honest. Personally, I'd get rid of one of them and get a second pump and run a loop for your CPU with one rad and a second loop for the Titan on the other rad. Even then, those rads are overkill.

You could always get a 360 for the CPU and a 480 for the cards in case you wanted to add more cards down the road.

You don't need that many rads to be perfectly honest. Personally, I'd get rid of one of them and get a second pump and run a loop for your CPU with one rad and a second loop for the Titan on the other rad. Even then, those rads are overkill.

You could always get a 360 for the CPU and a 480 for the cards in case you wanted to add more cards down the road.

2 pumps, and 2 res? Hm... in a TH-10 or 900D like the corsair builds were in?

2 pumps, and 2 res? Hm... in a TH-10 or 900D like the corsair builds were in?

Yes!

If you're doing acrylic you should look at this guys build log. Brb, let me find the link.

Alright, so I have another setup, but it has dual pumps and dual reservoirs. 1'st pump = CPU, and top 480 rad. 2'nd pump = 780 and bottom 480 rad. Good idea?

Yes!

If you're doing acrylic you should look at this guys build log. Brb, let me find the link.

*Might* not do acrylic...

EDIT: I might do acrylic.

Imma think about it. I'll go to sleep. I will update the thread when I wake up tomorrow. Good night everyone.

I just woke up because I had to drink my medicine, and then I began to use my laptop. I had seen that build a few times, and I was about to post a picture of it because I had that picture on my saved pictures. But I guess you got to it first. Good night buddy. I don't feel like spending ~$500 on fittings. xD

you've already seen this:

shortdoor.jpg

and you have more forward room than i do with the t10 you have settled on.. fill it up..

airdeano

Air, do you have an issue with your door sticking on your case? Both mine are damn near impossible to open 9/10 times.

I would go with 2 pumps one loop. Dual loops is overrated.

I would go with 2 pumps one loop. Dual loops is overrated.

2 pumps on one loop is even more overrated.

2 pumps on one loop is even more overrated.

If you have 3 huge rads like this guy is talking about, then I would use 2 pumps. If one fails, then you still have water flowing. 

If you have 3 huge rads like this guy is talking about, then I would use 2 pumps. If one fails, then you still have water flowing. 

Its worth noting that the D5 has a MTBF of 50,000 hours. That's more than 5 years.

The chance it will fail within the first year or two of non-stop operation is minuscule.

If you run it for about 8 hours a day like most people then on average the pump will fail after 15 years.

Redundancy is redundant.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Its worth noting that the D5 has a MTBF of 50,000 hours. That's more than 5 years.

The chance it will fail within the first year or two of non-stop operation is minuscule.

If you run it for about 8 hours a day like most people then on average the pump will fail after 15 years.

Redundancy is redundant.

Have read reviews on various sites and posts on forums where people occasionally buy a pump that fails. It does happen.

From what I have read MTBF is an average, right? So yea, the chances are low, but still there.

Have read reviews on various sites and posts on forums where people occasionally buy a pump that fails. It does happen.

Not enough be be worried. Consider the fact that a very very high percentage of people who water cool use Laing Pumps. Out of those look how few reports of failures there are. I haven't yet managed to find one from 2013 and its already 6 months into the year.

Besides that today's CPU have a thermal throttle which will shut them down when the temp starts to get too high.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Not enough be be worried. Consider the fact that a very very high percentage of people who water cool use Laing Pumps. Out of those look how few reports of failures there are. I haven't yet managed to find one from 2013 and its already 6 months into the year.

Besides that today's CPU have a thermal throttle which will shut them down when the temp starts to get too high.

True.

I hate you Fluffy. You posted that link, and then I woke up pretty early this morning JUST to look at that build log. Now, you have brought the idea of acrylic tubing into my never-ending loop improvement ideas... -__- That looks SO nice though.

You could look at the primochill tubing, it can be bent, how and how difficult it is I dont know.. :)

http://www.primochill.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=111

If I had to build this I would go with one loop either one or two pumps and then the primochill tubing (if I had to go with acrylic tubing though)

(Comming soon)

I am currently not a big fan of PC's Rigid Tubing because of their way of securing it. I think it looks too bulky.