Need to know how much my PC is worth...

Skcorpion86

I know there is another thread here asking the same thing, but My PC is nowhere near the same. So I had to start a new thread, and i was wondering if you guys can help me out.

I'm trying to sell my PC so i'm able to get money for a new build. 

I have some older parts in my PC as well as some nice newer ones, but I think selling the whole thing will be my best bet to get a head start on my new build i'm planning and I need to know how much it is worth. 

Here are the parts

Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz Processor 
Galaxy GTX 670 Superclocked graphics card 
Asus P7H55-M Motherboard
8 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
700w OCZ Mod X Stream Pro Power Supply 
Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooler
2 TB Seagate Hard Drive
LG DVD/CD Burner
Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower Case (blue led light version)

$900-$1000.

The only two things that aren't relatively "nice" are the CPU/motherboard. Just because of how many generations old they are. Beyond that, everything is pretty good and could be put into a new build without worry as it wouldn't bottleneck much. You'd just need a new CPU/Motherboard, which, honestly, I think would be easier than selling this and getting a new one entirely\.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I would say keep everything but your CPU and Motherboard. As long as your happy with the other components, it would be easier, and you may end up saving money by just upgrading your CPU and motherboard. You could even try and sell the two to get more money, but I doubt you would get that much from them. 

$900-$1000.

The only two things that aren't relatively "nice" are the CPU/motherboard. Just because of how many generations old they are. Beyond that, everything is pretty good and could be put into a new build without worry as it wouldn't bottleneck much. You'd just need a new CPU/Motherboard, which, honestly, I think would be easier than selling this and getting a new one entirely\.

Yeah your probably right honestly. Thanks for telling me that. I'm also looking to get a smaller case though, as you can tell, my case is pretty empty. lol I want the Corsair obsidian 350D. So I'll have to get a Micro ATX motherboard. I transport my PC a lot and this thing is heavy, so a smaller case would be nicer

Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz Processor $125 (very generous)
Galaxy GTX 670 Superclocked graphics card $275 (there's no way you can ensure this cards survivability)
Asus P7H55-M Motherboard $50
8 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM $20
700w OCZ Mod X Stream Pro Power Supply $50 (generous)
Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooler $40 (generous)
2 TB Seagate Hard Drive $35 (again, survivability issues, especially mechanical non-ssd running OS)
LG DVD/CD Burner $5
Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower Case (blue led light version) $50 (no one is going to pay anymore for a used case)

$650, but I doubt you'll clear $550.

You're selling a gaming system that two generations behind with 2 new consoles coming out.

Like I've said before: its a buyers market.

Galaxy GTX 670 Superclocked graphics card $275 (there's no way you can ensure this cards survivability)

2 TB Seagate Hard Drive $35 (again, survivability issues, especially mechanical non-ssd running OS)

LG DVD/CD Burner $5

Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower Case (blue led light version) $50 (no one is going to pay anymore for a used case)

You're selling a gaming system that two generations behind with 2 new consoles coming out.

Are you serious?

I sold an I7-920, 8GB ddr3 1333MHz, GTX 650 TI, OCZ 60GB SSD+500GB Storage in a basic case for 500. I'd say an honest 800-1000 on eBay. Sell the PC as a whole, but that board will pull 60-70, ram still pulls 40+ on eBay. 2TB storage drive for 35 bucks? WHERE??? 60 dollars MIN if used.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

Are you serious?

I sold an I7-920, 8GB ddr3 1333MHz, GTX 650 TI, OCZ 60GB SSD+500GB Storage in a basic case for 500. I'd say an honest 800-1000 on eBay. Sell the PC as a whole, but that board will pull 60-70, ram still pulls 40+ on eBay. 2TB storage drive for 35 bucks? WHERE??? 60 dollars MIN if used.

Yes, I'm serious.

Also, didn't you just have some threads up bellyaching about ebay and their fees?

On the hard drive, he didn't mention anything about selling the parts individually. Motherboards are dirt cheap today.  Why buy used 2 gen old mobo when you can get a new gen one?

With RAM, you're competing with other vendors that sell new and can afford to take a loss (Newegg just had a deal for 8GB free w/ mobo)

Its called being priced to move. Its also called me being a cheap ass, which most people are.

Look if you don't like the assessment thats fine.  I'm not the one that stuck with a desk ornament I overpaid for.

The longer he holds on to it, the older it gets. My advice: get it out the door and get the money in hand.

He'd pull in a solid 800-1000 minus fee's, or craigslist it for 999.99 OBO.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

He'd pull in a solid 800-1000 minus fee's, or craigslist it for 999.99 OBO.

Hey, its his PC. If he wants to go the craigslist route, then he should be prepared for endless rounds of emails trying to price him down, then eventually settling for less than he planned for.

Yes, I'm serious.

Also, didn't you just have some threads up bellyaching about ebay and their fees?

On the hard drive, he didn't mention anything about selling the parts individually. Motherboards are dirt cheap today.  Why buy used 2 gen old mobo when you can get a new gen one?

With RAM, you're competing with other vendors that sell new and can afford to take a loss (Newegg just had a deal for 8GB free w/ mobo)

Its called being priced to move. Its also called me being a cheap ass, which most people are.

Look if you don't like the assessment thats fine.  I'm not the one that stuck with a desk ornament I overpaid for.

The longer he holds on to it, the older it gets. My advice: get it out the door and get the money in hand.

I didn't over pay for my PC by a long shot. I have roughly $1000 invested into this thing. And that's pretty good because I built it 6 months ago. Minus the GPU, I put that in there in February, so about 4 months ago for that. 

LG DVD/CD Burner $5

And my PC Isn't 2 generations behind the new consoles. The Xbox one and PS4 (according to PC gamer) have Gpu's roughly equivalent to a GTX 660. This Gpu will be able to run games at least the same as the new consoles, if not better.

I didn't over pay for my PC by a long shot. I have roughly $1000 invested into this thing. And that's pretty good because I built it 6 months ago. Minus the GPU, I put that in there in February, so about 4 months ago for that. ...

And my PC Isn't 2 generations behind the new consoles. The Xbox one and PS4 (according to PC gamer) have Gpu's roughly equivalent to a GTX 660. This Gpu will be able to run games at least the same as the new consoles, if not better.

Not to sound like a jerk, but I think you should've seriously reconsidered what you invested your money in.  Also, I didn't say your pc was behind consoles, just sockets.

Look, you don't have to justify your purchases to me. I want you to make money on your pc. What I don't want is for you to have the mistaken impression that your build is appreciating in value just sitting around, or adding/upgrading a part will keep you above water with your investment. I also don't want you think that there's a "whale" out there just waiting to drop serious coin on your build, because that's often time not the case.

It's best to keep that build as long as you can because that CPU is quite powerful. My i7 950 at stock get used 20-50% awhile in game, and at 4GHz it get used 10-30%... Dont sell it nor upgrade it for couple of years. Keep your CPU at stock until it feels slow the OC that CPU to 4GHz.