Good laptop, competent at gaming

jayctech

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

and the prices will come down but maybe not to 900quid level but gives you time to save a little extra i suppose.

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

and the prices will come down but maybe not to 900quid level but gives you time to save a little extra i suppose.

More a question of not paying £1000+ for a laptop rather than saving more money to buy it. :P

More a question of not paying £1000+ for a laptop rather than saving more money to buy it. :P

each to their own, I'm currently running a GS70 2QE so can't complain :)

each to their own, I'm currently running a GS70 2QE so can't complain :)

The device's main purpose would be for anything work related I do at uni (provided I get in :P). The gaming capabilities are more if I want to play any games casually (provided I have time). Hence why high end gaming internals aren't a necessity, but competent internals are (hence my search), otherwise there'd be no point and I'd get a MBA or MBP. :P

So my timing is good then? :P

What can I look forward to? Or is it too early for even that?

The ASUS Zenbook UX303LN is a good option if you dont likeintegrated processors, but I dont know if is available in UK.

Otherwise, I think that Broadwell does not represent a great improvement in the integrated graphics, at least not as much as the improvement in energy consumption. I do not argue that Broadwell is not better, only that if we wait for better graphics and processing must wait until Skylake.

Obviously wait is better , but depends more on when you need it

The ASUS Zenbook UX303LN is a good option if you dont likeintegrated processors, but I dont know if is available in UK.

Otherwise, I think that Broadwell does not represent a great improvement in the integrated graphics, at least not as much as the improvement in energy consumption. I do not argue that Broadwell is not better, only that if we wait for better graphics and processing must wait until Skylake.

Obviously wait is better , but depends more on when you need it

Sept/Oct time provided I get into uni.