Monsoon acrylic bending kit - General questions?

Hello all,

I've been getting ready to take the plunge in the world of water cooling.   I know that using PVC is easier and cheaper, I can't help but like the way acrylic stands out, last longer and is superior when it comes to watercooling.  

I have just purchased an Enthoo Primo Special Edition case which should be to me sometime in February.   I have been researching the difference and many, many videos on how best to bend acrylic and such.  I have to admit when i found this kit at Frozen CPU I was intrigued. I watched the videos of how to use it and really it seems pretty cut n dry. It makes measuring almost idiot proof and after watching all the videos, including the ones on multiple bends on the same piece, i could honestly feel like I could do it.

So I'm wondering if anyone has used this kit and what their thoughts are on it?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/22335/too-130/Monsoon_Hardline_Pro_Full_Bending_Kit_-_12_x_58_16mm.html

My loop is going to have the following:

2 radiators (1 that is either 360 or 480) and (1 that is 240) Still looking at which ones brand/thickness

1 Formula VII motherboard

1 Swiftech Apogee XL  CPU block

1 GPU for Msi GTX 980 (still deciding on the block I want for this)  -- Eventually expanding to another 980 GPU

1 reservoir / pump combo (I'm looking for a cylindar reservoir and d5 pump)

Other questions I have is what size acylic to use?   I know the Formula and Apogee use the g1/4 fittings.  I'm looking to go 1/2 - 5/8 or 3/8 - 1/2.  A lot of it depends on how big it is going to look in this new Enthoo Primo case.

So suggestions, comments?

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

Dude. Go for 12/16mm (id/od). Then it really stands out as pipes. They look great!

They do however demand more heating. More is merrier tbh. Dont try to bend before it is soft as butter.

When it comes to bending. I did all my bends by eye. For 1 bend in one pipe it is fine. But for 2 bends or more in one pipe it's hell on earth.

I ended up wasting at least 80cm of bitspower tubing.

That kit you linked looks great.

I wouldn't trust the heatgun to be premium, but meh, who cares?

Dude. Go for 12/16mm (id/od). Then it really stands out as pipes. They look great!

They do however demand more heating. More is merrier tbh. Dont try to bend before it is soft as butter.

When it comes to bending. I did all my bends by eye. For 1 bend in one pipe it is fine. But for 2 bends or more in one pipe it's hell on earth.

I ended up wasting at least 80cm of bitspower tubing.

That kit you linked looks great.

I wouldn't trust the heatgun to be premium, but meh, who cares?

Yeah to me if the heating gun is a little slower that is fine.  I like the fact of being able to screw those bending tools into my work bench so they don't move and I love how in the video he uses two of them and screws them in for a double bend, then using one of them to create a third bend.  It looks real easy with his four rulers to map out your bends, then drawing it on a piece of paper and using the paper under the bending pieces to guide your bend.  On his videos he inserts his fittings into the two places he wants the tube to go, uses his rulers to create the run, measuring them from center to center, transfer that onto paper, add the bending tool, screw it in, then bend. 

I do have another question.  I have heard that dyes do not affect/discolour acrylic tubing as much as it does PVC, is this true?  Is there a decent dye that can be used with minimal gunk (yes I want to use RED)?

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i