Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma

Please note, this is not a Razer bashing thread. Be constructive with your feedback!

So I have recently finished my desktop build, which can be found here:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QTsbGX

I've heard so many people call Razer cheap (build quality), and just completely dismiss them as a good line of products. At the same time, I've heard people rant and rave over how good they are. I'm in the middle. I think they're a bit pricey, but are otherwise excellent.

The Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma (BWUC) is primarily a plastic composite, but is rigid and inflexible. It has the trademark weight of a mechanical keyboard, as well as the thickness. The keys have a matte finish and are very pleasant to the touch (to me, at least). The very first thing I noticed, because I'm a picky asshole, is that some of the keys 'click' ever so slightly different from others. The sound is somewhat less audible on some, more audible on others. But after using the keyboard for several days, I haven't once noticed it since. The activation point and depression force of the keys are within a perfectly reasonable range, to the point where I can't tell a difference. I suppose I could press every key individually for a few hours. I suppose I could try hugging a black bear. I will do neither of these things. 
    The LED lighting is intense. Truly spectacular. the separation between keys, as well as between key groupings is phenomenal. And the software manages the lighting transitions, for animated effects, exceptionally to give a feeling of total continuity across regions. The range of colors is something like 16 million, but My eyes must not be very sensitive to color, because while I can see them change in motion, the difference between R:45G:68B:32 and R:45G:66B:32 is completely unnoticeable to me. So there are considerably fewer 'effective static colors'.
    Some people hate synapse. That's fine. I can understand why, it's not the best software ever made. Some menus are superfluous, other completely useless. But it's software, and is constantly under development. For example, the new 'Chromatic Configurator' is absolutely beautiful. Aside from picking individual keys, you can select groupings based on game style, or even a few popular games (CS:GO, SupCom2, DOTA, and a few others). My favorite feature is the layering option. I can set my keyboard to a static blue, or a breathing red/blue, with a Reactive key layer on top, that makes my keypresses turn white. Or I can have the rainbow wave layer, with a reactive layer that turns the lighting off for a duration. Makes a cool effect. The layer combinations are endless, though some aren't very intuitive, and take some figuring out. But my point, is that is is constantly changing and improving.

The keyswitches are great. I read through several topics where people were bashing Razer for making cheap cherry knockoffs. That's a load of BS. The BWUC doesn't feel cheap, the switches feel nice, they actuate smoothly, and have a pleasantly loud sound, similar to Cherry MX Blues, the design they are based off. Also, on that note, Razer can literally copy the EXACT design, because the patent has expired. They don't have to be cheap knockoffs, they can be the exact same specifications, and be cheaper due to the expediency with which Razer can produce them overseas (thus removing the inflated price due to supply/demand).

Alright. That was a lot, but there's not much left. It doesn't come with a wrist rest. It was a bummer for me, but not for everyone. There are audio ports and a USB port on the keyboard, but they are on the right side, which is where a mouse is traditionally. Again, this might not bother everyone, but My layout prevents me from using these, except maybe for a pair of earbuds, and quickly needing to use a flash drive. I wish they had been on the left. Would've been perfect for my headset...

And there you have it. I love the keyboard, it is great. By far one of the best I've ever used. Though, it's only the second mechanical I've ever used. The K70 was pretty nice. I like the BWUC more though.

I love my Blackwidow Ultimate too. The Lighting is so pretty >3<

Best mechanical I've used yet, coming from 6Gv2, 7G, Mionix Zibal and Thermaltake g1.

I have the standard Ultimate and i love it. Nice and precise and works a treat. Plus i like messing with the LED's every now and again >.<

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Even though Razer are nice i am still going for the Ducky Shine 4 when it is released :D

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15