Desktop unable to use to internet (while connected), other devices can.

Scramble

Hello, sorry that my first post here had to be of this nature but I've run out of ideas trouble shooting myself.

My specs are filled out in my profile but I'll copy paste it here:

Operating system is 8.1 x64

• CPU
    i7 4790k
  • Motherboard
    MSI z97 GAMING 3
  • RAM
    HYPER X DDR3 16GB
  • GPU
    Gigabyte gtx 970
  • Case
    Corsair c70
  • Storage
    125Gcorsair ssd boot drive, 200~GBintel ssd game storage
  • PSU
    Corsair 1050HX (overkill)

So one day the internet in my household came to a slow crawl for everyone (Satellite related), but mine never recovered. I am unable to do anything on the internet except skype for some reason and some websites partially load. Most online programs (itunes and curse for example) will say unable to connect to server.

Chrome says ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED upon trying to load almost any page (go through quickly with missing sections). When I ping google.com it goes through with 50% packet loss, other computers in the house are getting 0-25%, and when I use tracert google.com in cmd it paths out the same path as the other computers in the house although the others state the names of the "hops", where mine just shows the numbers and takes considerably longer.

What I have tried:

-Changing my DNS settings to the [8.8.8.8], [8.8.4.4]

-in cmd I tried "netsh windsock reset", "ipconfig/flushdns", "ipconfig/release then refresh"

-using a different cable and port that others are able to use.

-running malwarebytes *several times due to paranoia*

History prior to this issue:

-no downloads outside of steam and firmware for new monitor

-installation of new monitor 

-transferred the witcher 1 from my laptop to my desktop via usb (steam copy)

-Internet was very slow for everyone, ISP reset "something" and everyone else had connection

-*Note, this was after I had troubles, but I launched the witcher (for the 3rd ish time) and my motherboard was buzzing in the menu, in game the mobo would buzz when I shift-tabbed, I am sure it wasn't the gpu, and I would think it was the cause of the problem if it didn't happen after the fact.

So essentially I am looking for any assistance what so ever in troubleshooting/identifying/fixing whatever it is that is happening. I will be able to do tests and whatnot tomorrow morning, otherwise I'm away until Friday. Please let me know if there is any more information needed to diagnose this!

Thanks for reading and thank you for your time!

EDIT: Memory was wrong

Your Motherboard and CPU only support DDR3 Memory.

You said you have DDR4?

Wondering if this is a typo. 

Also have you enabled "Automatically Assign IP addresses" in Network Connections > Properties > IPV4 > Automatic IP Address? 

Main Rig: 

i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz w/ H75 Liquid CPU Cooler - Asus Maximus VII Hero - 16GB G.Skill Triedent X 2133MHz RAM - 2x Gtx 660s in SLI - 120GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD NZXT Hue - K70 RGB Keyboard - Corsair Sabre RGB - Windows 8.1 - 2x Asus VN247H-P 1080p Monitors (I'm a sucker for lighting effects)

Server: 

FX 8350 @ 4.0GHz w/ stock cooler - 8GB Crucial 1600MHz RAM - AMD Radeon HD 7450 GPU - 300W PSU - 120GB SSD - Windows 7

You said you have DDR4?

Also have you enabled "Automatically Assign IP addresses" in Network Connections > Properties > IPV4 > Automatic IP Address? 

I assume it would have to be a typo, because it wouldn't boot otherwise. It looks like he would have an IP address as well, automatically acquired or not, because he is able to do some things.

I would try updating/ reinstalling the driver first. Preferably you wiould completely uninstall your NIC through Device Manager (Make sure to download the driver first).

If that doesn't work, try safe mode with networking to see if that resolves anything. If so, you likely need to fix a broken service or piece of software somewhere.

Malware bytes could block internet connections so try uninstalling it

Try turning off your computer then turning it back on. Or disconnect from your internet then reconnect.

You said you have DDR4?

Yeah, typo, sorry about that. Yup I've tried that, was originally defaulted to it.

I assume it would have to be a typo, because it wouldn't boot otherwise. It looks like he would have an IP address as well, automatically acquired or not, because he is able to do some things.

I would try updating/ reinstalling the driver first. Preferably you wiould completely uninstall your NIC through Device Manager (Make sure to download the driver first).

If that doesn't work, try safe mode with networking to see if that resolves anything. If so, you likely need to fix a broken service or piece of software somewhere.

Yup, typo :P. Not too familar with this, I uninstalled my network adapter driver and re installed it from the Motherboard driver CD, but I assume this is different. I'll look into how to do it.

Malware bytes could block internet connections so try uninstalling it

Will try this first.

Try turning off your computer then turning it back on. Or disconnect from your internet then reconnect.

Already done several times when I tried other ethernet ports... Thanks though

Also of note, if I enter: 184.150.182.183 instead of google.com in the browser it will connect. Just found this out.

Thanks for the things to try, I will be away from my desktop until tomorrow evening however so the festivities will begin then.

can you ping www.google.com? if it says something like could not find host, try to do the netsh winsock reset and reboot, if that still does not work, force your dns again and then make sure you can ping it and you get replies from it not your router's ip, if you still cannot ping www.google.com you will need to try to disable all startup items in msconfig and reboot, if you can ping www.google.com and browse it is one of those start up items and you will need to try the painstaking task of finding what one is doing it turn on blocks of 5 or 10 until it breaks and then work your way back one by one until you find it. good luck.

can you ping www.google.com? if it says something like could not find host, try to do the netsh winsock reset and reboot, if that still does not work, force your dns again and then make sure you can ping it and you get replies from it not your router's ip, if you still cannot ping www.google.com you will need to try to disable all startup items in msconfig and reboot, if you can ping www.google.com and browse it is one of those start up items and you will need to try the painstaking task of finding what one is doing it turn on blocks of 5 or 10 until it breaks and then work your way back one by one until you find it. good luck.

Yeah in my original post I said I could ping google.com, but with 50-75% packet loss, whereas others on my network can ping it with 0-25%. Thanks, I'll try disabling the startup programs and see what happens.

All rightey, when I was going through my device manager I found that my Intel Management engine interface driver was malfunctioning ("This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"), decided to try one of those fancy windows 8.1 refreshes and everything re installed correctly. Thanks everyone for leading me in the right direction!