Lost on mouse pads

Probenja

So, i was looking at my local store and they have like no mouse pads and the ones that they have are special editions with IMO horrible graphics, i just want a plain black mouse pad from a reputable brand, the most plain one is the Steelseries 4HD but that is a hard mouse pad and i have read that they eat the feet on mouses, but is is really that bad? I am not going to be hardcore gaming on it but i can already see scratches on the feet of my g402 while using it on a wooden desk so i want to avoid more damage. and have a better tracking. Another option is in another store and it is a razer kabuto but that one is microfiber and i am scared it will wear out too quickly.

I just need the opinions on both the ss4HD or the Razer Kabuto meanwhile i begin to search online because i can't find anything else on nearby stores.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite