Thinking of upgrading to a ssd.

CM7

I'm thinking of upgrading to a ssd for my os to have a faster boot time and to put a few games on it. Installing it would be a piece if cake, but I haven't haven't had much experience with with the over all procedure. Like would I transfer the os to the ssd or do a fresh install on the ssd and how would I remove all the os files off my old hdd. I do plan on getting 128 gb ssd and my hdd is 2 tb. Thanks for the help!   

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

I'm thinking of upgrading to a ssd for my os to have a faster boot time and to put a few games on it. Installing it would be a piece if cake, but I haven't haven't had much experience with with the over all procedure. Like would I transfer the os to the ssd or do a fresh install on the ssd and how would I remove all the os files off my old hdd. I do plan on getting 128 gb ssd and my hdd is 2 tb. Thanks for the help!   

fresh install to ssd

unplug hdd

isntall windows on ssd

plug hdd back in

boot to ssd over hdd

all files thier plus ssd has windows

You can install it on the SSD, and boot from the SSD instead of the HDD. For the Windows on your HDD, just leave it alone. It's only like 15gb. Or just delete the Windows Folder in that drive.

depend on which SSD you buy. 

For example, if you buy a Samsung SSD, they come with a data migration tool, where you can easily move your existing OS without re-installing

depend on which SSD you buy. 

For example, if you buy a Samsung SSD, they come with a data migration tool, where you can easily move your existing OS without re-installing

Sounds like a nice tool, I will keep this in mind when buying.

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m