1440P

iAveex

Would a Sapphire Radeon R9 280 be able to run games like tomb raider and Battlefield 4 at 1440P, doesn't have to be at 90 FPS or any crazy number like that. And if can handle games at 1440P, do you have any suggestions for good monitors at good prices ?

Would a Sapphire Radeon R9 280 be able to run games like tomb raider and Battlefield 4 at 1440P, doesn't have to be at 90 FPS or any crazy number like that. And if can handle games at 1440P, do you have any suggestions for good monitors at good prices ?

i guess it can handle it but to get acceptable fps you would need to cranck settings down to medium..

as far as monitors go i dont know

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Yes it will be enough for high/ultra no AA (assuming you have a decent CPU of course).

Not sure what 1440p monitor to recommend. Most people seem to really like the PB278Q

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Yes it will be enough for high/ultra no AA (assuming you have a decent CPU of course).

Not sure what 1440p monitor to recommend. Most people seem to really like the PB278Q

Sorry no it doesn't maybe BF4 acceptable in medium to high setting due to mantle. But for high/ultra you will ne a R9 290 or GTX970 at least to get enjoyable FPS.

I've had the Asus PB278Q myself and it is one beautiful monitor. 1440p with IPS looks amazing.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Sorry no it doesn't maybe BF4 acceptable in medium to high setting due to mantle. But for high/ultra you will ne a R9 290 or GTX970 at least to get enjoyable FPS.

I've had the Asus PB278Q myself and it is one beautiful monitor. 1440p with IPS looks amazing.

These settings on tomb raider I got about 50-60fps (1440p R9 270)

ZEutQU8.jpg

61ucxOD.jpg

BF4 High 1440p no AA I believe I get around 50+ fps 64p Golmud Runway but I don't feel like opening it up right now.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

These settings on tomb raider I got about 50-60fps (1440p R9 270)

ZEutQU8.jpg

61ucxOD.jpg

BF4 High 1440p no AA I believe i get around 50+ fps 64p Golmud Runway but I don't feel like opening it up right now.

And have you tried to run anything like TheCrew, Star Citizen or DA:I on it? I assure you in modern titles you won't have 40+ FPS with a R9 280 and never with a R9 270X.

BF4 is not the standard for highend game benchmarking anymore. It's still good graphics but with games like GTA V around the corner you will need a lot more GPU power to get accfeptable frames in 1440p.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

And have you tried to run anything like TheCrew, Star Citizen or DA:I on it? I assure you in modern titles you won't have 40+ FPS with a R9 280 and never with a R9 270X.

BF4 is not the standard for highend game benchmarking anymore. It's still good graphics but with games like GTA V around the corner you will need a lot more GPU power to get accfeptable frames in 1440p.

OP specifically stated Tomb Raider and BF4, which is what I based my statement off of (I don't have the games you listed/any brand new AAA games so I can't test them)

RIP in pepperonis m8s

770=about 280x

im running slightly more pixels than 1440, runs everything great at good fps and settings, so in short it should be as long as you can handle dips to 30fps in games such as metro LL

if it doesn't suffice you, overclock the F**k out of it

OP specifically stated Tomb Raider and BF4, which is what I based my statement off of (I don't have the games you listed/any brand new AAA games so I can't test them)

Right I saw that, but you know how it is. You do not play specifically only 1 or 2 games forever and then they buy some new AAA titles come back here to the forums and complain how bad the recommendation was ;) .

If it's just about BF4 I wouldn't go to a 1440p monitor, if someone is totally in FPS shooter and you can't afford the RoG Swift inclusive the GPU horse power I'd rather go to 1080p 144Hz and enjoy the smooth performance.