Planning with $2500

ok so im planning my first build i have $2500 this also includes operating system in australian curancy

I will be recording so i would like 16gb of ram, gtx780 and a hdd and an ssd o and a i7 3770K so can u please follow these and please give me sugestions.

Plz get parts from here

http://pccasegear.com/

plz get the op from here

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Software/Operating-Systems

THX :D

wow, i never realized how expensive gpu's are  in australia

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

yup i dont understand it myself

My recommendation.

Case is your option, and I left $200 in the budget for that :)

EDIT: Sorry didn't realise you wanted the OS in a different place - just budget for that in it's area.

64-bit and 32-bit generally cost the same, so just pick the cheapest Windows 7/8 of your preference.

Here is my build atm:

Its in CANADA. May shed some ideas for you.

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/19S8E

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($380.78 @ NCIX) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM  Liquid CPU Cooler  ($101.98 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 ATX  LGA1150 Motherboard  ($286.78 @ DirectCanada) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($156.78 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($190.65 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($95.18 @ Canada Computers) 
Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($464.07 @ DirectCanada) 
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($86.38 @ Canada Computers) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  ($160.77 @ Newegg Canada) 
Monitor: BenQ XL2420T 120Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($391.97 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $2315.34
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-25 02:17 EDT-0400)

Needs fans and keyboard.

Reasons for my selections:
- The 3770K is a fine choice; no reason to go for the 4770K imo

- This is the cheapest GTX 780. You will see no performance difference between the more expensive ones

- The Samsung 840 Pro 256GB should be enough for anything including all your programs, OS', and most of your games.

- You asked for 16GB of RAM - that should do fine

- There are two 2TB drives, you can either RAID them for superior performance when rendering or use one for games and one for your video files.

- The Z77 Extreme4 is an extremely underrated board and will do fine

- If you're willing to wait, the H220 is the current best CPU cooler (AIO) on the market

- The Strider Plus 750W is silver-efficient, though it actually achieves gold efficiency. Silverstone reduced it to silver as they couldn't guarantee gold in every unit - it's a bit on the fence. It should also provide enough power for another 780 in the future if you so choose.

You have to make a wishlist to show it, and set the wishlist to public.

ok i just edited my post with all links i forgot bout the wishlist thing :P

ok i just edited my post with all links i forgot bout the wishlist thing :P

There are a few things that are not very well-picked - did you check the wishlist I posted for you?

There is no reason to get the ASUS GTX 780. The Palit looks identical and perform identical. The only difference is 2 year vs 3 year warranty, and the components are the same so I wouldn't worry about that.

Any reason you went with the MSI board over the ASRock?

Any reason you went with the Corsair vengeance over the Kingston? Looks?

The R4 can fit a H220 - I suggest you get a H100i at the very least considering you can fit it. Would not recommend a H60.

The Seasonic PSU is good, but you can save $40 in that department by getting the Silverstone 600W Silver-certified PSU. Comparatively they are very similar.

Please look at the wishlist I posted above 

Also, do not buy the FULL VERSION of Windows 7. Buy the OEM version - it's specifically there for system builders to save money!

Also, do not buy the FULL VERSION of Windows 7. Buy the OEM version - it's specifically there for system builders to save money!

i thought i had to be an official system builder and i swapped out the psu to the strider plus 750w and are you sure i though the asus had better performance

i thought i had to be an official system builder and i swapped out the psu to the strider plus 750w and are you sure i though the asus had better performance

You don't have to be official - the only reason to buy a Windows 7 Full Version kit is if you're installing Windows again on a pre-built system (such as from XP to Windows 7)

You can save $40 on the PSU if you know you will never use a 750W power supply by getting the 600W - but only if you know you won't add another 780.

The ASUS 780 has identical performance in every way to the Palit 780.

You don't have to be official - the only reason to buy a Windows 7 Full Version kit is if you're installing Windows again on a pre-built system (such as from XP to Windows 7)

You can save $40 on the PSU if you know you will never use a 750W power supply by getting the 600W - but only if you know you won't add another 780.

The ASUS 780 has identical performance in every way to the Palit 780.

ok here is my new wishlist i kept the corsiar ram and i changed to a h100i i also went with the Mpower coz i like the features (including wifi) and i stayed with 750 coz i probs will get another gtx 780

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=181363&action=wish_lists

Since you are getting a high-end gaming GPU, I would recommend a great gaming mono such as the Asus Maximus V Formula for your motherboard.

ok here is my new wishlist i kept the corsiar ram and i changed to a h100i i also went with the Mpower coz i like the features (including wifi) and i stayed with 750 coz i probs will get another gtx 780

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=181363&action=wish_lists

Looks good. Stock H100i fans are pretty meh though; if you want true performance you can replace them with some of these or Noctuas, or SP120s, to name just a few. I would go the Noiseblockers for the colour scheme, but that's me.

You may want to add another hard drive since video recordings are generally hundreds of gigabytes, but if you feel it's sufficient you can always buy another later if necessary.

They're like the only component that is overly expensive here. CPUs to an extent also.

But yeah, one doesn't simply buy a GTX 770 for $~400 here...