laptop screen removal

I Am Jarvis

I have an Acer 5551 series laptop laying around that has a broken screen, other than that it works 100% fine. is there anything stopping me from removing the screen and just using it plugged into my tv??

The screen just gets in the way as it is and i could place it discretely somewhere and use as if it were a desktop.

Just wanted to ask people before i removing it and broke it haha

CoolerMaster HAF 932 -- A10-5800k -- ASrock FM2A55M-DGS -- Corsair H80i -- Sapphire Radeon HD7850 -- OCZ ZT 750W

Nope, I have done this on a few occasion check to see if anything else was broken on a few laptops I was fixing.

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful." -  Konstantin Josef Jireček

so as long as i detach it all correctly i could then use it 100%?

CoolerMaster HAF 932 -- A10-5800k -- ASrock FM2A55M-DGS -- Corsair H80i -- Sapphire Radeon HD7850 -- OCZ ZT 750W

I think you can, but isn't is easier to just close the laptop? Or do you need the keyboard an touchpad?

I think you can, but isn't is easier to just close the laptop? Or do you need the keyboard an touchpad?

well the keyboard and touchpad work fine, so if i removed the screen it could sit on top of my desk and be used like that without getting in the way of anything (: