Help with locked S3!

Go to solution Solved by Laputacake,

Any way I can recover to 4.1 from the Samsung Kies software for Pc? Any reliable sites? I don't know if I should bother since they asked 13e in the store to unlock it for me, I don't know if that is a fair price?

Yes, but you'll still have EFS v2. If they can unlock it for you for €13 i'd go for that.

Hey all,

So two days ago I got a job, a dad's friend needed some help with his car and phone, it was urgent and it was late at night, he had a trip early next morning so I ended up fixing it for him late in the night. As he is my dad's friend I didn't want to charge him anything for the job, so he gave me his previous phone, a Samsung Galaxy S3 to keep. As he just got an iPhone it was just sitting in his car.

The phone is running Android 4.3 (latest update) and when I tried inserting my sim which is in MTS provider it requested an unlock pin because the phone was in Telenor provider.

I went to Telenor offices and they told me he would have to file a request personally and we would have to wait 15 days for the unlock code to arrive, that would be ok, but he is outside of Serbia right now and he won't be back for a couple of days and 15 days? Seriously??? Waaaaay tooo long. So I thought about unlocking it myself, but beware, I haven't done anything like this on an Android phone since HTC Tattoo days (2009) so I would need a detailed tutorial.

TL;DR Samsung Galaxy S3 is locked to Telenor serbia, I need to unlock it, please help. Also if you know a reliable unlocking site that is cheap I will pay up. I found one and they wanted 50$ -_-

Please help and thanks in advance,

Bogica. :D

Free, but with risk http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1 or you can look on ebay for an unlock code

I have tried this method and when I hit dial it pops up an error message, it won't dial, so I'm guessing this doesn't work on my phone. Do you want me to provide some sort of screenshot of the device info? Would that help?

Mine is GT-I9300.

I have tried this method and when I hit dial it pops up an error message, it won't dial, so I'm guessing this doesn't work on my phone. Do you want me to provide some sort of screenshot of the device info? Would that help?

Mine is GT-I9300.

I don't think you can do it for free on 4.3 because it has EFS v2 whereas on 4.1 it has EFS v1 so it was possible so you'll have to get a code of the internet.

Steve

I don't think you can do it for free on 4.3 because it has EFS v2 whereas on 4.1 it has EFS v1 so it was possible so you'll have to get a code of the internet.

Any way I can recover to 4.1 from the Samsung Kies software for Pc? Any reliable sites? I don't know if I should bother since they asked 13e in the store to unlock it for me, I don't know if that is a fair price?

Yes, but you'll still have EFS v2. If they can unlock it for you for €13 i'd go for that.

Steve

€13 good deal. Do eet

Went and got it unlocked in 30 mins, cost me 9.8e at a local repair center! :D Thanks.