CM Elite 120 Small Form Factor Value Build

So, I finally got around to turning my plans into reality for a Mini-ITX build. I'm very happy with it's overall size (pretty freaking small) and performance. I paid $563 bucks for all the parts after MIR. This mobo has built in wifi and Bluetooth 4.0. Pretty happy with this build!

I also have a video tour of this build on youtube, so if you wanna check that out here's a link!

Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced

Motherboard: Gigabyte H77n-wifi mini ITX

CPU: i3-3225 Ivy Bridge Dual core @3.3ghz (do not underestimate this CPU)

Memory: 8gb Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600mhz (1 x 8gb)

GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz Edition 1gb

PSU: Cooler Master Extreme 2 525w

SSD: 120gb Kingston SATA III

Windows 8 Pro (had a copy of this laying around)

post-30946-0-18688600-1372059644_thumb.jpost-30946-0-91553900-1372059674_thumb.jpost-30946-0-54231200-1372059702_thumb.jpost-30946-0-29386700-1372059799_thumb.jpost-30946-0-58521500-1372059823_thumb.j

Cool build! I enjoyed the video It was clear and quite professional.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Cool, I'm really starting to like SFF builds, you might want to get a custom low profile cooler but I agree an i3 is more than good enough for most single GPU systems.

Thanks guys! I'm trying to get my name out on youtube and do more hardware related videos. But thanks again for the feedback!

Great example of what can be done with a SFF case. Happy gaming! :)

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

Wow man looks awesome nice job!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Really good cable management for an ITX system!

Thanks man! That was the only thing that bothered me about this build. I felt like I could organize them better, but I guess it's fine for a non-modular PSU!

Cool conservative build I personally don't like the case the long and low design bugs me

Thanks man! That was the only thing that bothered me about this build. I felt like I could organize them better, but I guess it's fine for a non-modular PSU!

Oh yes definitely!

How do you like the case, I want to make an ITX system but I don't know which case to use.

How do you like the case, I want to make an ITX system but I don't know which case to use.

Sorry for the late reply, but yes the case is very very nice, especially for the price I paid for it (~$39.99 USD). Check out Silvertsone's ITX cases, they are extremely nice, but you pay for what you get.

Sorry for the late reply, but yes the case is very very nice, especially for the price I paid for it (~$39.99 USD). Check out Silvertsone's ITX cases, they are extremely nice, but you pay for what you get.

Was it easy enough to work with?

Was it easy enough to work with?

Pretty easy, the cable routing was kinda a pain..

• 1 month later...

Pretty cool little machine..I'm planning to build a plex htpc in it...What is the maximum CPU cooler height? I'm planning to use a BeQuiet! cooler

Pretty cool little machine..I'm planning to build a plex htpc in it...What is the maximum CPU cooler height? I'm planning to use a BeQuiet! cooler

According to http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage/Cooler-Master-Elite-120-Advanced-Case-Review/1599 it's 65mm or about 2.5"

Also, @weaverwacker, what is your cpu cooler's temperatures like while gaming? I'm planning on getting the Elite 130 when it launches and I would like to know if I will need a cpu cooler for it. 

According to http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage/Cooler-Master-Elite-120-Advanced-Case-Review/1599 it's 65mm or about 2.5"

Also, @weaverwacker, what is your cpu cooler's temperatures like while gaming? I'm planning on getting the Elite 130 when it launches and I would like to know if I will need a cpu cooler for it. 

Actually, the computer has been sitting in the corner since I've built it. It was kinda an impulse buy  -_- But, when I get the chance, I'll load some games on there and get an average temp for ya. If you have the money then i would def buy an aftermarket cooler. Because let's be honest, the Intel cooler isn't very attractive  :P What kind of processor are you gonna use?

Thanks pal!

Actually, the computer has been sitting in the corner since I've built it. It was kinda an impulse buy  -_- But, when I get the chance, I'll load some games on there and get an average temp for ya. If you have the money then i would def buy an aftermarket cooler. Because let's be honest, the Intel cooler isn't very attractive  :P What kind of processor are you gonna use?

I'm running a Core I5 3330 at stock clocks. I would like to get a cooler, but money is a bit tight and if it can wait for a while, that would make things easier. A friend of mine actually had quite a valid point the other day. In a mini-itx build getting things that are functional is more important than getting the best looking things, because you can hardly see inside of the tiny chassis anyways.