Quick RGB software question (Razer Chroma and K70 RGB)

exyia

Hugely disappointed in the "customization" (or rather, huge lack of - I made a thread) with the G910. This is regarding the software/customization on these two. If the software still doesn't support the below features, then they're already off my list of consideration - so no need to bring up build quality, switches, etc.

For lighting customization I want

1. Default profile -> Full white lighting with reactive

2. AUTOMATIC profile change when alt-tabbing to the game, and automatic switch back to normal when alt-tabbing out of it

3. Per game lighting profile, that lets me choose ANY lighting effect on ANY/ALL keys

For instance, on a BF4 profile, I want all keys to go to a breathing mode. On a Dota2 Profile, I want only the QWER keys to light up and the rest to go off.

Does either of the two keyboards fully support the above? The G910 claimed full customization, but the software forced me to choose reactive typing ORRRR per game profile lighting for instance. I am not looking to spend the money and hope/wait for these features to be added later - I want to know if this customization is supported now on either of these products - otherwise I'll move on with life and pick something else.

Pretty sure CUE is able to do all that with the K70 RGB, however the software is still very beta-like.

Hugely disappointed in the "customization" (or rather, huge lack of - I made a thread) with the G910. This is regarding the software/customization on these two. If the software still doesn't support the below features, then they're already off my list of consideration - so no need to bring up build quality, switches, etc.

For lighting customization I want

1. Default profile -> Full white lighting with reactive

2. AUTOMATIC profile change when alt-tabbing to the game, and automatic switch back to normal when alt-tabbing out of it

3. Per game lighting profile, that lets me choose ANY lighting effect on ANY/ALL keys

For instance, on a BF4 profile, I want all keys to go to a breathing mode. On a Dota2 Profile, I want only the QWER keys to light up and the rest to go off.

Does either of the two keyboards fully support the above? The G910 claimed full customization, but the software forced me to choose reactive typing ORRRR per game profile lighting for instance. I am not looking to spend the money and hope/wait for these features to be added later - I want to know if this customization is supported now on either of these products - otherwise I'll move on with life and pick something else.

I currently acquired my K70 RGB and all the things that you stated up top is in CUE, setting a default profile, automatic profile switching between apps and custom lighting on different games. CUE does it all :)

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Mother Board: ASUS P8B75-M LE GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition RAM: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Thermaltake LT-500NL2NL 500W

PERIPHERALS: Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Dell S2340L 60Hz 23.0" Speakers: Harman Kardon Soundsticks III Mouse Pad: Steelseries QCK Headphones: Superlux HD 668B

thanks for the replies guys

I grabbed a Blackwidow Chroma from a local Best Buy, so just thought I'd answer my own question for others

I was really amazed at how good the software is. I couldn't imagine how they could have done it any better honestly.

Every profile can be linked to any program

The program/software recognition works very well

ANY lighting customization can be done per profile

The best part is how the customization is designed. Each "effect" is treated as a layer like a photo editor. When you start playing with it - you realize you can stack them in very fun ways. For instance, instead of reactive typing of fully white to fully off.....I had it fully white, then fade to red on keystroke, THEN fade to black, then return to white. Or you can stack different layers like reactive typing on the key stroke while also triggering a wave effect

I'm actually really impressed with the keyboard and will (yet again), never understand the hate behind Razer products. but after using my CM Storm Quickfire TK for so long, going back to full size feels silly.....might be returning it anyway

Hope you like your new keyboard man, enjoy and just play around with it :), us k70 users have a lot of studying to do with the software :D

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Mother Board: ASUS P8B75-M LE GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition RAM: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Thermaltake LT-500NL2NL 500W

PERIPHERALS: Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Dell S2340L 60Hz 23.0" Speakers: Harman Kardon Soundsticks III Mouse Pad: Steelseries QCK Headphones: Superlux HD 668B

Im sure both can do that (50% sure on razer, 99% sure on corsair) . Razers software is a lot easier to use and corsair's is very complicated (also not finished).

Razer's keyboard is also more shiny compared to corsair's keyboards.

Corsaor has over hundred custom profiles made by users (need to download from forum)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE