New Build +

alexleov

Today I ordered the parts for my new build. 

The build will be in two parts. Part One will be the basic hardware build. Part Two will he custom loop, custom cables and maybe a new case.

The parts list

New Parts

ASUS X99-Pro 

Intel Haswell-E Core i7 5820K 
NZXT Kraken X61 
Mushkin Blackline FrostByte G3 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2400 CL15 
EVGA GeForce GTX980 ACX2.0
Seasonic Platinum Series V2 860W

Reuse from current build
Samsung 830 256gb ssd
Seagate 3tb HDD
Asus PB278Q 1440p monitor

There was meant to be a white Corsair Air 540 in the list also but there was a mess up with the order and its not in the order but I have paid for it.  I hope to get it sorted tomorrow. Either get a refund or get the case ordered.

Due to shipping I don't think I will get it buy the weekend. But I'm hopeful.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

I have a black air 540 and it looks beautiful. It also has plenty of vents if you want to do some water cooling in stead of all air (however not much in the way of a custom loop because of the space limitations)

The parts arrived yesterday and I managed to get the confusion about the case sorted so also had that.

eULfTDR.jpg

jqmvlbe.jpg

VXtDaFU.jpg

Still a few things to sort. I want to flip the radiator so the tubes are at the front. I will also rotate the pump 90º so the logo is the right way up. Also need to do cable management.

I suppose I should not there are a few things I am not 100% happy with. It is not possible to make the NZXT logo white. When the software says its white its blue. also unable to fully turn the logo off. The boot times are very slow but that seems to be universal with x99. Also not fussed about the post code LED's being on all the time. 

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q