Help!

pdv789
Go to solution Solved by GeeZillion,

Typical can but you'll want to get new thermal paste and if it starts getting hot shut it down but if there's a good amount on it and it's not hard or dry you should be fine

So my cat decided to mark her territory inside my computer while benchmarking.....    I saw her do this and shut it down by unplugging it. I then cleaned off the motherboard and dried it off and it's working fine. My question is can I remove the cooler from my vga card and not replace the thermal pads and paste??? Or is there a way to remove just the backplate but not remove the cooler from the die?

She is lucky I am too busy otherwise I wouldn't have a cat much longer. Do you know if I can remove the backplate without removing the cooler from the die?

Typical can but you'll want to get new thermal paste and if it starts getting hot shut it down but if there's a good amount on it and it's not hard or dry you should be fine

yeah, it's a relatively new card. Just got it the week the 970s launched so I don't think the thermal paste or pads would be dried up at all by now.

I thought I had .... it was a rare instance the panel was off anyways.

I thought I had .... it was a rare instance the panel was off anyways.

I was gonna advise you not to remove the panel, but I guess it won't be need.

Nor I have the rights to say so: mine is off now. Worth it, reduced 6ºC on the GPU temp.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Is it a male cat? Get the balls cut off, then it will not pee. I have a female cat and she never peed inside. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

female ... first time that i know of she hasnt used her litterbox.

Female cats can mark territory too. I personally think neutering cats (or any animal) is cruel. They should have every right to live a complete life as we do.

Its sad how people claim to love their pets, but in fact treat them like toys.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions and some may view as fixing their pets as a way of caring for them and the community.

And here goes nothing, I'll be back. Hopefully it works fine.

Well everything works fine. It doesn't run any hotter than before either. Thank you all for your help and advice. Now, to look up local vets.

Wow it was your mistake to leave the case open, and now your 'beloved' cat pays the price.

Totally judging you.

You have every right to. And yes I do believe that I have every right to prevent a possible electrical fire. If she decides to spray an electrical outlet it could cause a fire and the damage from that would be immense, not to mention she would be lucky to live if it happened while I was at work. And you bet your ass I'm going to take precautions to protect my thousand dollar plus computer.