Ram difference

Oshtro
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Brand doesn't really matter. Ram of the same specs will perform identically. 

Im making some changes to my pc and want to get 2400mhz 12 or 16gb of ram. Im wondering if anyone is aware of any actual performance difference between manufacturers products of any 2400mhz 2x4gb. So basically is it worth me paying $200 for 12gb of 2400mhz ram over spending $150 for 12gb of 2400mhz ram from a different manufacturer?  

i7 4790K @4.7GHz; MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition; Klevv Neo 4x4Gb 2400Mhz; PNY GeForce GTX 980; Crucial M500 240GB SSD; Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD; Corsair RM750; NZXT Kraken X61 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Pretty much no difference. Even between 2400MHz and 1600MHz there's very little difference, even less difference between manufacturers. You may get better warranties with some companies though. 

The RAM speed is the speed. It's like asking if a Honda at 100kph will be faster than a Toyota at 100kph ;)

Pretty much no difference. Even between 2400MHz and 1600MHz there's very little difference, even less difference between manufacturers. You may get better warranties with some companies though. 

Awesome, thats what I was assuming. Just wanted to make sure I was correct in assuming so, thanks for the quick replys. :)

i7 4790K @4.7GHz; MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition; Klevv Neo 4x4Gb 2400Mhz; PNY GeForce GTX 980; Crucial M500 240GB SSD; Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD; Corsair RM750; NZXT Kraken X61