old computer update

Hello all, so back in 2009 one of my moms co workers got us into WOW but our computer couldn't handle it so he built a $600 dollar system with an 8800gts, 8GB of ddr2 ,and some AMD processor in it  with the stock cooler and the case is some xion mid tower case which i found on the internet. it has a top mounted PSU with what seem to be 60mm fans but the question is 1. could i possibly mod this case a little(when i say little i mean alot actually) to fit more modern components like an i5 maybe and like a 750Ti?

post-84758-0-98039200-1420905751.jpg

P.S this computer is not for me it would be for my little brother who plays tons of games like LOL, killing floor, terria, minecraft, dont starve, simcity 2013....etc etc etc, and currently on a laptop which has an I3 processor and 8GB of ram and for the most part still turns down settings quite a bit and his birthday is upcoming

The case will support any modern hardware....computer specs really haven't changed that much. 

Edit: The only thing that might not fit are long GPUs and tall cpu coolers (but thats something thats true even in modern cases -- it just depends on the dimensions of the case).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I mean you could just use it as it is, but pc components generate way more heat, and the fan/ventilation on the case might not be sufficent.

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

Modding an old crappy case like that is a waste of time imo... If you can get something cheap-ish but modern like the Corsair R200 or Fractal Core1000

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I mean you could just use it as it is, but pc components generate way more heat, and the fan/ventilation on the case might not be sufficent.

ummmm, most pc components generate less heat than they used to 

Modding an old crappy case like that is a waste of time imo... If you can get something cheap-ish but modern like the Corsair R200 or Fractal Core1000

He shouldn't even need to mod it. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

ummmm, most pc components generate less heat than they used to 

It doesnt seem to have any front intake, only a tiny fan in the back and maybe some vents here and there

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

Case is ugly but should fit everything...I guess...

am i the only one who thinks the case is kind of cool looking?

that pc is still good...you could play games on medium-low...just DX11 games you wont be able to play.

but imo no point upgrading that... just grab a nice board, cpu, ram (because I suspect your current machine is DDR2) and vga

you could re-use your current case, psu and storage.

what's your budget?

my friend had a $600 budget for upgrades and this is what I specced for him, he plays alot of games and this machine plays all of them very well.

i5-4440/60

gigabyte z87-hd3

8gb kingston memory

r9 270x

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

am i the only one who thinks the case is kind of cool looking?

that pc is still good...you could play games on medium-low...just DX11 games you wont be able to play.

but imo no point upgrading that... just grab a nice board, cpu, ram (because I suspect your current machine is DDR2) and vga

you could re-use your current case, psu and storage.

what's your budget?

my friend had a $600 budget for upgrades and this is what I specced for him, he plays alot of games and this machine plays all of them very well.

i5-4440/60

gigabyte z87-hd3

8gb kingston memory

r9 270x

an 8800gts + ancient amd cpu does not qualify as good in any sense of the word. And the only think he plans on keeping is the case, everything else is being scrapped.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

an 8800gts + ancient amd cpu does not qualify as good in any sense of the word. And the only think he plans on keeping is the case, everything else is being scrapped.

my sisters pc has a 3650 in it and it plays games on decent settings at 1366x768. the 8800 reks that card.

i think its pretty dam good.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons