Need Help Picking a case. Higher End

UMxMarky94

well i am having trouble picking a case. I am looking at the higher end market.

I am picky when it come to cases. I ether a simple and sleek aluminium like the Silverstone Fortress FT02.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverstone-Fortress-FT02B-W-Gaming-Window/dp/B002ZVBJQQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=14TC0KNBCHK6W&coliid=I12YDYU2MYDEIR

Or a simple but stylish black case like the NZXT Phantom 820.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/nzxt-phantom-820-black-full-tower-performance-case-with-side-window-usb-30-w-o-psu

really im stuck between these two but i would like input from other people of any case i have overlooked.

My limited is around £200. I will go over a it but no by much.

One final thing i will not buy a caselab. i do not like the way they look + expansive shipping

I would go with the Phantom over the FT02. Or even with the NZXT Switch 810 instead of the Phantom. The Silverstone just looks somewaht strange...

Intel Core i7 3770K delidded @ 4,5Ghz | Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12s | EVGA Geforce GTX 770 2GB @ 1,2Ghz | MSI Big Bang MPower Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 | Windows 10 Professional 64 bit | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB Samsung | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Seasonic X Series 850WLogitech MX Master | Corsair MM400 | Corsair Vengeance K70 | beyerdynamic MMX 300 Manufaktur | Asus PB278Q 27" 1440p | Corsair Obsidian 550D

I like the FT02 Looks very solid. Silver Stone make great cases very solid and well designed. I have the FT03 and love it.

I'd go with the FT02 too. It's a classic.

I'd like NZXT cases, but they just exude "plastic!" a little too much.

Have you considered a Lian Li?

"High end".

Classy on the inside and out. Good build quality. Often a little lacking in features for the price, or with a bad design decision (PC-A55 is an experiment gone wrong), but for £200 you should be able to get one of the good ones.

I bought the nzxt Switch 810 and absolutely love it, it has plenty features, leaving almost nothing out. It may a little plasticky but since I don't move my pc a lot, I don't mind. Plus, it's just the finish that feels plasticky, the actual frame is rock solid.

I'm not a fan of Lian Li cases as I don't find them aesthetically pleasing. The nzxt Swithc 810 and Phantom 820 are in my opinion some of the best looking cases out.

4670k @ 4.3GHz w/ Deepcool Lucifer | ASRock z97e-itx/ac | 2x4GB G Skill Ares | MSI TFiii HD 7870 @ 1150/1450| OCZ Vertex 4 128GB + 1TB | Bitfenix Prodigy Black | Antec TP-650C

hmmm i was looking at them early. They are like a aluminium Fractal Design R4.

I like the look of the Lian Li PC-A76X

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-574-LL&groupid=2362&catid=187&subcat

can u think of any others ?

Visit the Lian Li global site. The PC-A7XX full-towers seem fine. The PC-90 might need you to install a top fan + grill, but otherwise should also be fine. The V650 and V700 don't have any problems to my knowledge and the PC-60FN/7N/8N cases should all be fine.

Best thing to do is look up reviews and use Google's discussion search. Lian Lis don't come up too often, so I don't know much about specific models, just their general reputation/results. I know the PC-A55 has bad airflow and some of the PC-BXX cases have truly dire airflow (typically silenced models), but otherwise I couldn't say anything for sure without doing some research, but fortunately for me, you can do that. ;)

Pick something niche that not many people have :)

It's always good to have components that are actually interesting, for example, every second build has a sabertooth :P

Have a look at some of Lian li's stuff

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Buy on the looks that you prefer, aluminium cases don't matter that much since they only do sit in one spot and they don't provide any advantage over steel cases. They are also much more expensive. People may say it's of higher quality but I've had a plastic/steel beige computer since 1997 and it hasn't turned to ash yet.

Good Morning...

Buy on the looks that you prefer, aluminium cases don't matter that much since they only do sit in one spot and they don't provide any advantage over steel cases. They are also much more expensive. People may say it's of higher quality but I've had a plastic/steel beige computer since 1997 and it hasn't turned to ash yet.
Aluminium cases are like owning a Rolls Royce or Bentley. They don't necessarily go faster than cheaper cars, but they sure as fuck feel a hell of a lot classier.

well though i do like and love the look of Aluminium cases and the lovely look i am leaning towards the Phantom 820.

But i am thinking of modding the side panel. Simple remove the mesh and add plexiglass (clear acrylic) in it place. but the problem is how to mount it it the problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2377[/ATTACH]

Inside

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2378[/ATTACH]

outside

Aluminium cases are like owning a Rolls Royce or Bentley. They don't necessarily go faster than cheaper cars' date=' but they sure as fuck feel a hell of a lot classier.[/quote']

But having aluminium on cars is more useful. It cuts weight and saves fuel compared to steel so I guess they necessarily do go faster.

Good Morning...

FT02! You can't beat silverstones a quality!

FT02! You can't beat silverstones a quality!
i was like aww epic must buy roar. but then my brain caught up and i read some reviews and stuff. yeah it good in all but i don't like my PSU just hanging there from 4 scraws.

Go for the NZXT phantom 820 its a really good case with plenty of airflow and the ability to mount a dual 120mm radiator up top, also it looks pretty sexy

Go for the NZXT phantom 820 its a really good case with plenty of airflow and the ability to mount a dual 120mm radiator up top, also it looks pretty sexy
triple rad on the top. yeah i do believe i gonna buy that it. just when is a the question

I cant answer that for you sorry

I would go with the Silverstone. Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet (didn't read all the other comments), but Silverstone just released the newest version of the Fortress, the FT04.

Its a lot sexier, has new sound dampening and full black interiore for a cleaner looking build.

However, the custom led light configs. on the 820 are pretty neat...