Audio Solution for Work

Rubymaster
Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

Hello audio experts of Linus Tech Tips forums! 

I am in need of a semi-cheap, but good quality audio recording solution for work.  We are getting a new camera that will mainly be used to take pictures for our website, but another thing we would like to use it for is video.  I know most mic's on DSLRs are bad because they will usually pick up noise from the focusing or zooming mechanisms.  The videos would be mainly be tutorials on things we can't easily screen capture such as printers, phones, and tablets.  When filming the tutorials on the tablets and phones, the camera would be placed between our arms, similar to how some app reviewers used to film their devices.

The solution I have in mind is a Zoom H1, with a lav mic.  Do you have any recommendations for a budget friendly, but still good quality lav mic?  Something between $20 and $50 would be perfect! 

Check out Curtis Judd on youtube he has some amazing reviews of cheap lav mics

I am in need of a semi-cheap, but good quality audio recording solution for work.  We are getting a new camera that will mainly be used to take pictures for our website, but another thing we would like to use it for is video.  I know most mic's on DSLRs are bad because they will usually pick up noise from the focusing or zooming mechanisms.  The videos would be mainly be tutorials on things we can't easily screen capture such as printers, phones, and tablets.  When filming the tutorials on the tablets and phones, the camera would be placed between our arms, similar to how some app reviewers used to film their devices.

The solution I have in mind is a Zoom H1, with a lav mic.  Do you have any recommendations for a budget friendly, but still good quality lav mic?  Something between $20 and $50 would be perfect! 

Check out Curtis Judd on youtube he has some amazing reviews of cheap lav mics

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I ended up going with a Zoom H1 and a JK MIC-J 044.  Hopefully my supervisor agrees!