vibration in tubing

mc141
Go to solution Solved by mc141,

problem solved. pulled out the drive cages moverd the ppump to the bottom of case and put a flexable tubing between the radiator and pump now its quieter than the fans.

so i redid my loop and used acrylic tubing this time and i have a vibration noise now. it mostly goes away if i i hold te tube or push on the rad fins. im using a pump/res from an e.k. kit. i was wondering how to get rid of it. there is already on a foam pad but lifting the pump doesnt help the noise. a my temps are good under load and idle.

any help i can get would be great. next time i go to microcenter i plan on picking up some more tubing and any thing else that may be suggested im fairly happy with the look but not noise. i want to get this right no mater how many tries.

p. s  i know theres white crap its from the foam pad i kept moving arund as soon as i get the loop right it will get cleaned up plus ive had this case 2 yrs also thats a lame excues for a drain port next to the red tube because i  wanted some flex by the pump and and i had that it laying around and the tubes dont touch the drive

post-20713-0-52507100-1420678592_thumb.j

post-20713-0-51105000-1420678595_thumb.j

post-20713-0-30452400-1420678609.png

post-20713-0-18246500-1420678612.png

So have you actually isolated whats making the noise? Is it just your pump or is it maybe a bit of your tubing isnt quite fitted all teh way into a fitting right so the pump vibration is making it 'chatter' into the end of the fitting?

So have you actually isolated whats making the noise? Is it just your pump or is it maybe a bit of your tubing isnt quite fitted all teh way into a fitting right so the pump vibration is making it 'chatter' into the end of the fitting?

tubes are tight wiggling them doesnt do any thing no leaking. im thinking of removing the extra hdd cages in the bottom and moving the pump to the bottom and using some of the flex tubing atached to the hard tubing. kind of like jayz2cents did on his build

• 2 weeks later...

problem solved. pulled out the drive cages moverd the ppump to the bottom of case and put a flexable tubing between the radiator and pump now its quieter than the fans.