Nexus 7 (2012) still not getting lollipop?

duckypath
Go to solution Solved by Peter Vaughan Truslow,

Nothing is on the device I need, so a clean reset is fine. Instructions would be great! I plan to use it for web browsing, so rooted is not needed.

as an added note, I have the nexus 7 2012(original) wifi and I have the notification to install 5.0.2(currently on 5.0.0) but I'm going to do it manually so I can explain how better.

oh okay

download the Nexus root toolkit here:

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

install and during setup, tell the program what device you have , nexus 7 wifi tablet for the 2012 non LTE model, or Nexus 7 mobile tablet for the 2012 LTE model

next select what version of android you are running. I am running Nakasi-grouper(code name of original wifi nexus 7 5.0.0)

if your device does not have developer options in the bottom of settings, go to about tablet and press "build number" 7 times to unlock dev options

open developer options and turn on USB debugging. this will allow the program on your computer to interact with the tablet

you'll need to go through the driver installation section. this will take a bit of time but they will walk you through it.

when you are ready, select unlock, which will unlock your bootloader and also wipe your device.

follow the instructions

next under flash stock+unroot, make sure device is on is checked and click the button to flash stock

select the build version you want to be installed, 5.0.2 in your case

then under that make sure it is set to automatically download and extract

Have a 2012 nexus 7, haven't turned it on for a long time now. I tried to update to lollipop but checking for updates shows nothing. Any ideas? I thought even the 2012 version got updated?

Ehh. I wouldn't update to lollipop anyway. I hear it's really slow

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Have a 2012 nexus 7, haven't turned it on for a long time now. I tried to update to lollipop but checking for updates shows nothing. Any ideas? I thought even the 2012 version got updated?

my broken nexus 7 1012 is running android lollipop. I don't know what the issue is for yours, but I'm sure you could manually flash it without trouble

my broken nexus 7 1012 is running android lollipop. I don't know what the issue is for yours, but I'm sure you could manually flash it without trouble

Not wanting to brick the device, is there a risk like flashing other hardware? (mobo)

Ehh. I wouldn't update to lollipop anyway. I hear it's really slow

Saw benchmarks on differences, and it isn't that much slower.

Not wanting to brick the device, is there a risk like flashing other hardware? (mobo)

with a nexus device, the only way to hard brick it is to flash the wrong bootloader.

I recommend Wugfresh's Nexus Root Toolkit.

do you have anything on the device you can't backup? I'm firing up the toolkit now to write up some instructions for you to flash the latest.

also do you want your bootloader unlocked and your device rooted?

I heard it's pretty smooth... Did you ever modify the software of the device before? (i.e. unlocking bootloader, rooting, putting a custom ROM?) If so, you are gonna have to manually flash. If not, just wait.

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

with a nexus device, the only way to hard brick it is to flash the wrong bootloader.

I recommend Wugfresh's Nexus Root Toolkit.

do you have anything on the device you can't backup? I'm firing up the toolkit now to write up some instructions for you to flash the latest.

also do you want your bootloader unlocked and your device rooted?

Nothing is on the device I need, so a clean reset is fine. Instructions would be great! I plan to use it for web browsing, so rooted is not needed.

as an added note, I have the nexus 7 2012(original) wifi and I have the notification to install 5.0.2(currently on 5.0.0) but I'm going to do it manually so I can explain how better.

oh okay

download the Nexus root toolkit here:

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

install and during setup, tell the program what device you have , nexus 7 wifi tablet for the 2012 non LTE model, or Nexus 7 mobile tablet for the 2012 LTE model

next select what version of android you are running. I am running Nakasi-grouper(code name of original wifi nexus 7 5.0.0)

if your device does not have developer options in the bottom of settings, go to about tablet and press "build number" 7 times to unlock dev options

open developer options and turn on USB debugging. this will allow the program on your computer to interact with the tablet

you'll need to go through the driver installation section. this will take a bit of time but they will walk you through it.

when you are ready, select unlock, which will unlock your bootloader and also wipe your device.

follow the instructions

next under flash stock+unroot, make sure device is on is checked and click the button to flash stock

select the build version you want to be installed, 5.0.2 in your case

then under that make sure it is set to automatically download and extract

the program will take care of flashing everything for you. after you finish, you can root your device through the utility, or lock the bootloader back down if you don't intend to have root, but you cannot root and lock the bootloader. the device must be fully stock when you lock it.

DO NOT TOUCH THE DEVICE OR USB CABLE WHILE FLASHING. MAKE SURE IT IS PLUGGED IN AND DON'T BOTHER IT.

yeah basically. technically the only time you are at risk of a hard brick is while sending the bootloader which takes a third of a second, but still don't risk it.

the program will take care of flashing everything for you. after you finish, you can root your device through the utility, or lock the bootloader back down if you don't intend to have root, but you cannot root and lock the bootloader. the device must be fully stock when you lock it.

DO NOT TOUCH THE DEVICE OR USB CABLE WHILE FLASHING. MAKE SURE IT IS PLUGGED IN AND DON'T BOTHER IT.

yeah basically. technically the only time you are at risk of a hard brick is while sending the bootloader which takes a third of a second, but still don't risk it.

Will try and and report here when done. Thank you a ton!

if you need anything else, quote me or PM me and I'll be happy to help.

Will try and and report here when done. Thank you a ton!

not a problem always here to help. if you want to discuss ideas/ on other mods I recommend for android devices, shoot me a PM. I had my tablet stock for 4 hours and my Galaxy S4 stock for two when I got it. whatever my daily driver android device is, it has to be tailored to fit my usage perfectly.

the best part is waiting on the first boot. it takes a long time

not a problem always here to help. if you want to discuss ideas/ on other mods I recommend for android devices, shoot me a PM. I had my tablet stock for 4 hours and my Galaxy S4 stock for two when I got it. whatever my daily driver android device is, it has to be tailored to fit my usage perfectly.

the best part is waiting on the first boot. it takes a long time

NVM, got it by uninstalling and reinstalling device drivers.