GTX 760 Windforce

Zackey_TNT

That is a non-reference design.

Why would you want/need a water block for a mediocre, low-power card like the GTX 760? That Windforce cooler is probably overkill already.

Do good waterblocks for the 760 even exist?

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I doesn't use a reference design but alphacool makes a water block for that card.

Steve

Dose the GV-N760WF2OC-2GD use reference design or a new one? i wish to get a water cooling block in the future

It dosent say on there site http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5058#ov

if you meant windforce I suppose your referring to the cooler with 3 fans? I don't think the 760s carry it although the 970 by gigabyte does. Why get a water cooling block on a 760 tho?

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

if you meant windforce I suppose your referring to the cooler with 3 fans? I don't think the 760s carry it although the 970 by gigabyte does. Why get a water cooling block on a 760 tho?

Gigabyte uses the Windforce brand for certain dual-fan coolers, as well. Click the link in the OP, it's actually pictured. :)

Dose the GV-N760WF2OC-2GD use reference design or a new one? i wish to get a water cooling block in the future

It dosent say on there site http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5058#ov

It is a non-reference design unfortunately

Why would you want/need a water block for a mediocre, low-power card like the GTX 760? That Windforce cooler is probably overkill already.

Noise is the best reason I can think of.  You could get lower temps as well which might change the boost clock.  

The other thing OP could do is mod the card to remove the GPU Boost limit and OC the heck out of it.

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

watercooling that card is a waste of money, my 660ti (which is pretty much the same as a 760 i think) has never gone over 60c when gaming.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Noise is the best reason I can think of.  You could get lower temps as well which might change the boost clock.  

If noise is an issue, I'd personally rather just turn down the fan speed in MSI Afterburner. The 760 certainly has thermal headroom to allow that. You'd get noise from the fans and pumps in a water cooling loop anyway.

Guys i didnt ask about new cards or my personal GPU picking The fact of the matter is a GTX 970 or 770 cost 800$ in newzeland and the GTX 760 (witch dose its job just fine!!!) costs 350$ its really about me wanting to water cool my 4790K and i might as well water cool the card too for better clocks in newzeland parts cost more

I doesn't use a reference design but alphacool makes a water block for that card.

Please link

If you call Mediocre being able to run games at max and still get 100 FPS at 1080P you have the bar to far up People do use the mid range cards you know? and TBH if i overclocked it i might be able to match a GTX 780 (not TI) its running the same chipset If i water cool it it runs for longer better and can be over clocked more that is why And yes it is already overkill but when you have already got plans in the future for a water cooling loop and want to water cool the CPU why not?

...and you're not just spending the additional £100 on a much better GPU because?

GTX 760 350$ Newzeland dollers GTX 770 500$ GTX 780TI 670$ GTX 980 800$ and GTX 970 700$ Only the GTX 770 was within any REAL persons budget and TBH im happy with what i have

I was also working within a power limit of 500 Watts with already major load on it due to an AMD CPU

What about the non 3 fan one? same thing? the one i have is not the longer one its only got 2 fans and 2GB of ram..

Only the 3 fan one im afriad. Looks like you'll have to go with EKs thermosphere.

Steve

GTX 760 350$ Newzeland dollers GTX 770 500$ GTX 780TI 670$ GTX 980 800$ and GTX 970 700$ Only the GTX 770 was within any REAL persons budget and TBH im happy with what i have

I was also working within a power limit of 500 Watts with already major load on it due to an AMD CPU

You may well be happy with what you have. But waterblocks are, by themselves, expensive. If you just spent the money that you would have spent on the waterblock on the GPU you could jump up a whole tier of GPU, possibly even two. Water cooling doesn't make sense at all if you're only going to be buying 760 tier GPUs. It's the sort of superfluous crap you do because it looks cool because there's nothing more you can really throw in performance wise.

Hell watercooling itself is outside any "REAL person's" budget.

Only the 3 fan one im afriad. Looks like you'll have to go with EKs thermosphere.

Ok i will look into it then.

You may well be happy with what you have. But waterblocks are, by themselves, expensive. If you just spent the money that you would have spent on the waterblock on the GPU you could jump up a whole tier of GPU, possibly even two. Water cooling doesn't make sense at all if you're only going to be buying 760 tier GPUs. It's the sort of superfluous crap you do because it looks cool because there's nothing more you can really throw in performance wise.

who's to say i had 100$ extra at the time? im talking about in the future. And in that future i might have 3x 760

They put water blocks on the GTX 580's & no one sad anything about that & the water blocks. I have a 760 lol no water block xD

My GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD REV2.0 stays cool at 60c, 55c with side panel off.

They put water blocks on the GTX 580's & no one sad anything about that & the water blocks. I have a 760 lol no water block xD

My GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD REV2.0 stays cool at 60c, 55c with side panel off.

The GTX 580 was the most powerful single-GPU in its day, and had heat output to match. The 760 matches its performance, but produces nothing like equivalent heat.

who's to say i had 100$ extra at the time? im talking about in the future. And in that future i might have 3x 760

Then for the same price of the waterblocks alone you could have yourself a GTX 970, and change. And given how 3 way SLI scaling doesn't seem to be getting any better, you would probably be better off with just upgrading instead of adding more and more low end GPUs.

The GTX 580 was the most powerful single-GPU in its day, and had heat output to match. The 760 matches its performance, but produces nothing like equivalent heat.

No, No!! HELL NO!!

JK I'm just bugging you! I know all about cards & heat output performance. I can't be the Forum bug?

PS: You can't let him put a Water Block on his 760 card? his money!! lol JK again.

If you call Mediocre being able to run games at max and still get 100 FPS at 1080P you have the bar to far up People do use the mid range cards you know? and TBH if i overclocked it i might be able to match a GTX 780 (not TI) its running the same chipset If i water cool it it runs for longer better and can be over clocked more that is why And yes it is already overkill but when you have already got plans in the future for a water cooling loop and want to water cool the CPU why not?

I'm not criticizing the use of mid-range cards. But if you're expecting 100 FPS at 1080p in recent games with a 760 you're going to be disappointed. If you're going to use water cooling, you should be using it with a card with a bit more power running through it.

The GTX 760 uses a cut-down version of the GK104 GPU, having only 1152 cores of the 1536 total of the un-cut GK104 in the GTX 770. Even overclocked heavily it's probably not going to catch the 770, to say nothing of the GK110-based GTX 780. Core frequency is not the only thing that holds back GPUs, and even then heat is not the only thing that holds back an overclock.

You really should just use that Gigabyte cooler. It's a good cooler. Better yet, get an R9 280, which is faster and in many markets is available for the same or lower price.

The GTX 580 was a high-end card at the time, and it actually gets hot. The 580 drew more power than a Titan does today (well, around as much). Even so, a water-cooled 580 is a bizarre thing to do today, since cheaper/cooler/more efficient cards are just as fast.

I'm not criticizing the use of mid-range cards. But if you're expecting 100 FPS at 1080p in recent games with a 760 you're going to be disappointed. If you're going to use water cooling, you should be using it with a card with a bit more power running through it.

The GTX 760 uses a cut-down version of the GK104 GPU, having only 1152 cores of the 1536 total of the un-cut GK104 in the GTX 770. Even overclocked heavily it's probably not going to catch the 770, and the 780 is actually based on different silicon: GK110. Core frequency is not the only thing that holds back GPUs, and even then heat is not the only thing that holds back an overclock.

You really should just use that Gigabyte cooler. It's a good cooler. Better yet, get an R9 280, which is faster and in many markets is available for the same or lower price. 

I had a Asus R9 280X, not a good OC card artifact City, Good with factory OC. It was AMD so might of just been 2 bad cards. Yeah I had 2 of them. One of them was not much faster then my GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD REV2.0.