RAlD 0?

lavaleta

Hi alli want to setup a RAlD 0 with my two SSDs  but i have never done that before. l have an MSl Z87-G45 mother board. How do l do that because l want my boot drive to be on the RAlD.

Don't do it... It's not worth the effort and problems you can get.
Especially not for a boot drive.

SSDs are already fast enough, you won't see any difference in boot time.

Don't do it... It's not worth the effort and problems you can get.

Especially not for a boot drive.

SSDs are already fast enough, you won't see any difference in boot time.

Yes i know that i won't see any difference in boot time. But that is something that i want to try anyway.

Anyway thanks for the advice. :)

If you still want to do this, you can find all instruction inside English manual you can find here http://www.msi.com/support/mb/Z87-G45-GAMING.html#down-manual To be more specific, there is an appendix B inside that describes Intel RAID configuration process. But all you need to do is to press Ctrl-I when POST screen says so, and create new RAID 0 volume using two SSDs. There may be no much difference cause of SATA3 which speed is 600MB/s and one SSD speed is about 450MB/s already (depending on quality of the drive)

Hi alli want to setup a RAlD 0 with my two SSDs  but i have never done that before. l have an MSl Z87-G45 mother board. How do l do that because l want my boot drive to be on the RAlD.

Hello lavaleta and welcome to Linus Tech Tips forum :)

As @Senzelian mentioned, it involves a bigger risk of data loss since you would lose everything on the array even if one of the drives fail. Moreover, you will actually have a slower initial booting time compared to a single boot time. 

Having said that, you will have to go to BIOS and configure the two drives into RAID0 and they WILL be formatted, so if you have any important data - do back it up. After that, you would have to restore your backed up data or do a fresh install (which is the recommended step).

Hope this helps!

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/