USB 3.0 Flash Drive

Bramm17

Hej Linus & Tech fans,

A quick question... Im looking to buy a 32gb (or 64 gb) usb 3.0 flash drive. I read some reviews online and noticed there is quiet a bit of performance difference between usb 3.0 flash drives. Major differences in read and write speeds...

Any of you guys have a usb 3.0 flash drive and what are your expierences? Im looking for something that is also budget friendly (for a 32gb drive around $30-$50,-)

(sorry if english is crap :) )

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

I am using a corsair survivor stealth 2 64GB (Linus Approved)

It's very fast, i love it. getting 80MB/s speeds read and write on it.

PS: je engels is goed hoor :p

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

I am using a corsair survivor stealth 2 64GB (Linus Approved) It's very fast' date=' i love it. getting 80MB/s speeds read and write on it. [url']
PS: je engels is goed hoor :p

Only a bit big isnt it? Its for on my keys and that I have it with me everywhere... Thanks, or should I say.... Bedanke he :)

How about the Sandisk Extreme? http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb/drives/extreme/ Up to 190 MB/s** ; write speed lower and varies by capacity.

Do you have any personal experience with that USB drive? Or are these speeds theoretical and not real life performance?

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

personally i dont mind the size,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2334[/ATTACH]

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

personally i dont mind the size' date=' [ATTACH=CONFIG']n2334[/ATTACH]

What are those other silver USB connector looking things? (Bottom Left side of pic)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

What are those other silver USB connector looking things? (Bottom Left side of pic)

8GB Kingston DTSE9 USB sticks.

I have the Sandisk Extreme Drive and it is incredible! I got the 64GB version in early January for 62€.

Instead of writing stuff about it, i'll let the numbers do the talking. AS_SSD-Benchmark goes first:

speed85jgm.png

~165MB/sec - copying a movie file from my SSD to the Flash-Drive:

speed2zqkrt.png

~150MB/sec - copying League of Legends from my SSD to the Flash Drive:

speed4mzky7.png

The drive get's recognized immediately on every device i've used it on so far and as i can say is very reliable. On my laptop i play LoL off of the USB-Stick because it is faster than the 5400rpm hdd and the game loads up to two times faster now!

As i already said: I'm truly impressied by this drive and Sandisk doesn't even lie with their numbers. As you can see in the benchmark it nearly reaches the 190MB/sec advertised.

Greetz

8GB Kingston DTSE9 USB sticks.

I likey! But will wait for the USB 3 version. The fact that it is the size of a USB slot is great, some of those USB Sticks have huge bodies and can't be plugged in if the space is tight. Which leads me to a new thread idea.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

wow thanks for the great reply guys! :D I'll look into both (Sandisk Extreme & Corsair Survivor) and see which one has the best deal around here :D

yes they are nice usb, i use my survivor for importatn documents an software, i alwasy carry a 320GB passport for large storage. and the kingston ones are bootable usb with tools or OS installs