SSD ISSUE HELP PLEASE !

xtasemusic

Hey guys , I have an issue with my raid array , I just updated to an X99 and my raid doesnt work. First of all , I DONT CARE ABOUT THE INFORMATION THAT IS IN THE AFFECTED DRIVE !

So the raid shows up in the intel RST  at before the Bios ( not sure what its called ) here is what i tried :

1. Deleting raid ( still appears )

2. Putting the drive as non raid ( Still appears as raid )

3. initializing disk ( through windows , says there is an error in the I/O

4. switched the sata port on MOBO , still has the issue.

Do you guys know any programs that can Force it out of raid mode ? the HDD is a crucial MX100.

Also my mobo is a MSI X99S SLI PLUS and i had a Asrock extreme 6 X79 board with the raid before.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Hey guys , I have an issue with my raid array , I just updated to an X99 and my raid doesnt work. First of all , I DONT CARE ABOUT THE INFORMATION THAT IS IN THE AFFECTED DRIVE !

So the raid shows up in the intel RST  at before the Bios ( not sure what its called ) here is what i tried :

Do you guys know any programs that can Force it out of raid mode ? the HDD is a crucial MX100.

Also my mobo is a MSI X99S SLI PLUS and i had a Asrock extreme 6 X79 board with the raid before.

Crucial MX 100 is an SSD, not HDD. ;)

You only mention that one drive - a RAID is more than one drive. Maybe the controller recognizes that it was used in an array before, but cannot reset it with only one drive present...? Or are the other dives also there?

Also in the past these RAID BIOS screens used to be very old fashioned with their user interface... maybe you didn't fully do option #1 and #2 ... maybe you'd need to mark that array with spacebar or such before it would really do anything. Haven't tried yet with a modern board, but the last time I used RAID (on my old rig, 1st Gen i7) it was still that clumsy decade old interface shit.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Crucial MX 100 is an SSD, not HDD. ;)

You only mention that one drive - a RAID is more than one drive. Maybe the controller recognizes that it was used in an array before, but cannot reset it with only one drive present...? Or are the other dives also there?

Also in the past these RAID BIOS screens used to be very old fashioned with their user interface... maybe you didn't fully do option #1 and #2 ... maybe you'd need to mark that array with spacebar or such before it would really do anything. Haven't tried yet with a modern board, but the last time I used RAID (on my old rig, 1st Gen i7) it was still that clumsy decade old interface shit.

Thanks for your help I made sure i selected everything reading every inch of the whole tscreen without success, so here is what I managed to do, by going in the RST software I was able to make the working (second drive in the raid ) as a spare ( not sure what it does ) after reboot it shows a second SSD ( the one with the issue ) I suppress the smart error. then i still cant initialize it . what is weird is that even my mobo couldnt see it being plugged until I made the working drive as spare.

Hey xtasemusic,

As @DirkW pointed out, the Crucial MX100 is a SSD. What RAID did you run on your previous build and with what and how many drives?
Do you need the data inside the drive? Did you try to completely erase the drive?

I would suggest to try the SSD on a different computer that is already up and running and see where and how it is recognized.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/