Welcome Screen

Santy
Go to solution Solved by Santy,

Did you defrag the SSD? 

Is Fast Boot Still Enabled?

Try: Take out HDD and all USBs so only your SSD is plugged in and see if it boots faster.

Its currently fixed as long as I dont install the update I mentioned in my previous post it takes 13 seconds from bios logo screen to desktop.

Using Older versions of the nvidia driver actually made it slower, so I kept trying different things, downloaded and reinstalled the Servicepack 1 for Windows 7, which fixed it completelly, then the windows update found some new updates, and I started downloading them to make sure the pc was completelly updated, after installing these updates the problem came back, so I used the restore point before the update and it was fixed again, started installing the updates 1 by one untill i narrowed it down to one that says Update for 64bit based windows 7 system, not sure what the exact translation is because my system is in spanish, anyway when i install this update the problem comes back, pretty weird xD

i guess i will avoid this update in the future. thanks to everyone that replayed, even if it was just to argue about my font you kept my topic in the front xD

Hello guys HERE is my rig hope it helps you somehow

Short version:

boot was fine taking around 13 seconds from bios screen to desktop then:

Windows loads and takes 5 minutes to show logon screen asking for user pw

started after installing nvidia graphics driver and realtek drivers

uninstalling these drivers didnt solve the problem

went nuclear and reinstalled windows which solved the problem just to find that it appeared again when i installed the same drivers again

and again uninstalling these drivers even with revo uninstaller and cleaning registry didnt solve it.

Long Version

The problem is when we go from the windows loading screen to the windows welcome screen the part where is asks for your user password.

The windows loading screen loads almost instantly takes like 5 seconds tops and then it goes black to make the transition to the welcome screen to log into your user, nothing wrong here except this blank period went from taking 1 second before installing drivers to take up to 5 minutes when I started installing the hardware drivers.

Im going to walk you through how it exactly happened:

I installed the latest Nvidia Graphic drivers 347.09 downloaded them from the nvidia website, then restarted the machine as suggested by the installer, when the pc turned back on the logon screen took 1 minute to appear after windows was obviously already done loading the screen was just blank for a minute, I didnt pay attention to this and logged into my user account to continue installing the remaining hardware drivers realtek audio was next, so i proceeded with this installation and restarted the pc again as suggested by the realtek audio driver installer, but this time windows loaded and then the screen went blank and stayed blank for 5 and a half minutes after which my logon screen appeared asking for my user password.

I found this disturbingly long so i proceeded to uninstall the realtek driver and download a newone from the asus website I restarted before reinstalling but it was still taking over 5 minutes AFTER windows finished loading but BEFORE the logon screen I reinstalled the realtek driver and restarted but the problem persisted, I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers because well I didnt know what else to do it looked like for some reason when windows finishes loading its sending the video feed elsewhere instead of my screen, and 5 minutes later it realises thats not the screen and turns it back on so I thought it had something to do with my Nvidia Drivers, that and besides it went from 1 second to 1 minute after the nvidia installation so i figured that was the root of the problem, after reinstalling the nvidia drivers I restarted and it went back to 1 second delay, so I went to bed happy. The next day I turned on my pc just to find out it was again taking 5 minutes before the logon screen.

I was incredibly frustrated so I went nuclear and reinstalled windows, completelly clean isntall, just to find out that it happened again exactly after isntalling the same drivers.

I didnt know how else to proceed so i came here to see if anyone could help me out

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Already Tried This, Didnt solve it.

(Please use automatic font color so we dark theme users can read what you said without having to select it!)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

(Please use automatic font color so we dark theme users can read what you said without having to select it!)

whats wrong with selecting it? xD i fint it easier to read the white agaisnt purple against white on grey. 

just asking. :P

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Thier is no way it takes 5 minutes to boot off an ssd?

whats wrong with selecting it? xD i fint it easier to read the white agaisnt purple against white on grey. 

just asking. :P

Some like me have the Dark/Night Theme enabled. It makes the background black and grey...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Some like me have the Dark/Night Theme enabled. It makes the background black and grey...

*facedesking so hard*

some like me also have the dark theme enabled, and do so because they like a darker screen as they have sensative eyes, however still prefer reading text when selected because they have custom colours set for text and select collour.

;)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

*facedesking so hard*

some like me also have the dark theme enabled, and do so because they like a darker screen as they have sensative eyes, however still prefer reading text when selected because they have custom colours set for text and select collour.

;)

Derp... I personally hate it, it irritates me a lot.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Derp... I personally hate it, it irritates me a lot.

i had a friend show me how to get the backround colour to a soft&deap purple. :3 its pretty. also my default font is made from my handwriting before le~ accident. (i did loads of drugs and broke both my elgs, alot of things ended for me, drummer, music in general, good handwriting) 

anyway... you could continue to yell at people to change it to something either default or something not yellow/white and not black/grey.

-Jim Hensen

nobody? 

BTW the computer is extremelly fast once it reaches desktop and all tasks run smoothly and perfectly no crashes, nothing

Clean boot, that is disabling all programs and services in msconfig doesn't solve the problem. It does go from 5-6minutes of black screen to 3-4 minutes, but the problem is still there, it used to be 9-15 seconds from bios logo to desktop before drivers were installed

Booting in safe mode does fix it. But i cant log in safe mode every time >.<

Help T_T

It's gotta be something with one of the drivers, try an older version of the nvidia driver perhaps?

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

Thanks

going to test with a couple of older versions and see how it goes, will update you how it goes.

Could it be slight damage to the SSD? i had a HDD with a damaged write head and was taking like 5 minutes to boot. Replaced it and everything's fine now....

Replaced with an SSD that is. THANK THE LORD

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

I don't think its a hardware problem, since it gets fixed when i reinstall a clean windows, and then the problem starts again only after i install these drivers.

Using Older versions of the nvidia driver actually made it slower, so I kept trying different things, downloaded and reinstalled the Servicepack 1 for Windows 7, which fixed it completelly, then the windows update found some new updates, and I started downloading them to make sure the pc was completelly updated, after installing these updates the problem came back, so I used the restore point before the update and it was fixed again, started installing the updates 1 by one untill i narrowed it down to one that says Update for 64bit based windows 7 system, not sure what the exact translation is because my system is in spanish, anyway when i install this update the problem comes back, pretty weird xD

i guess i will avoid this update in the future. thanks to everyone that replayed, even if it was just to argue about my font you kept my topic in the front xD

Did you defrag the SSD? 

Try: Take out HDD and all USBs so only your SSD is plugged in and see if it boots faster.

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

Did you defrag the SSD? 

Its currently fixed as long as I dont install the update I mentioned in my previous post it takes 13 seconds from bios logo screen to desktop.

So you can get to the log in screen fast but it takes like 5 mins for? Desktop to load or fully load ?

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

yeah thats what the problem was, windows finished loading and then the screen went black like if it was receiving no signal at all, then exactly 5 minutes and 24 seconds later pop the desktop showed up in the screen i used a chronometer and everything, but as I said its currently fixed, the problem doesnt show anymore as long as I dont install that specific update everything is snappy now, don't worry =) thank you very much.

OK i kinda know why window does it but dont know why its not fixed it self..

Maybe cos u have a SSD. 

Windows normaly takes longer to boot when you install new stuff or large data was created and after a boot or 2 its dramatically reduced.

Try to do a Clean boot, So  Open MSConfig and select Diagnostic Startup and disable everything in Start up.

You can also Try this software called Soluto, It records Boot time and shows you what is increasing the Boot time etc. So it may say Nvidia Drivers : 18 sec etc 

Soluot also does other stuff and allows u to monitor your sytem.

yeah thats what the problem was, windows finished loading and then the screen went black like if it was receiving no signal at all, then exactly 5 minutes and 24 seconds later pop the desktop showed up in the screen i used a chronometer and everything, but as I said its currently fixed, the problem doesnt show anymore as long as I dont install that specific update everything is snappy now, don't worry =) thank you very much.