Ok so I will be building a new rig soon and I would like to water cool. I have helped my friend water cool but never done it on my own rig. I know that I can get all the info on water cooling from hear, but my question is about the h220. Ok so I'm wondering if I can add on to this  with another 240mm rad and custom toobing. I would also like to add my gpu (evga 670 ftw). I have seen Linus's review and the build he did a while ago for the steelseries unboxing table and i know you can add to it, but can you add a 240? Also would it just be cheaper or the same price to just do a custom loop form the ground up? Would it be more efficient to do a custom loop? Any help would be amazing, thanks.

My guess is you would probably save around 100 dollars max creating a loop with the H220. But keep in mind the H220 is between custom and AIO in terms of performance so that's where the 100 comes in.

You can add on a few things to the H220 but I probably wouldn't go crazy with it. I have one and have thinking about expanding but just don't have the motivation. For me, the most I would feel confortable adding to it is a GPU + 240 or 280 rad. I already had to add a res to mine because of pump priming issues but that really doesn't add a ton of restriction if any. If you got any spec questions i would shoot swiftech an email, there PR is awesome.

I already had to add a res to mine because of pump priming issues..

so your system is functional now?

airdeano

finally.. shame, though.. having to buy something else to make it work..

but like you said, you were in it, so a lil more to make it a win..

airdeano

finally.. shame, though.. having to buy something else to make it work..

but like you said, you were in it, so a lil more to make it a win..

airdeano

Yea you cant return it, Plus the res looks cool.