Lost Receipt, Reprint?

Junpaku

I bought a bought an item sometime in Dec 2012 at my local NCIX, and would like to get an exchange from the manufacturer. This requires me to get a receipt as proof of purchase, but I have lost the receipt I was given that day. I haven't called the local store yet. Wondering if someone here knew whether I would be able to get a reprint of the receipt at NCIX, or if anyone had this issue before.

Any reply is appreciated.

this problem is a common one and should be asked a lot more...i don't know how NCIX handles this procdures, but you really should talk to them first, most shops will do a lot of good will to help. also the kind of payment could be of interest, if you payed via credit card you could print a receipt of your statement - if you payed cash, ask if a clerk is remembering you from before and if they have a 90 day sales backup ( don't know if this is common in Canada). for the future, i recommend to create a customer account at your local shop; that would be a lot easier for all involved in such a case...

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

An order confirmation email might do the trick.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

As above really, i would, first, contact NCIX and tell them what happened, if you have the serial number that may help locate your order aswell. Secondly, if that fails, go through your bank statements and take it to NCIX, proving the transaction was made (if you paid by card that is). If you placed the order online, you most likely get an electronic receipt, i've never ordered from NCIX, so i can't be sure, however most e-tailors do this as a matter of course. :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply. Nevertheless, I was able to get a receipt from NCIX, they just needed the serial number on the box. Thanks, I appreciate the help.